Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

After OhmHour, Nest turns on to Cool instead of Eco - any way to change?

Our Nest is connected in to OhmConnect but when an OhmHour is over, our Nest turns back on to Cool mode. I'd like to have it return back to Eco. Any way to change this in Nest Settings that anyone knows about?

Answers

• jasgenjasgen Posts: 15Member

Oh, wow... glad you mentioned. I'll definitely cross-check our Nest when an Ohm Hour ends and we're away! Maybe one of us can come back here and reply -- test out during the next OhmHour --> if we set (manual) 'Away' mode, if it goes back to that after?

• Chris DinerChris Diner Posts: 2Member

Mine went back to Heat while I was on vacation from eco and ran my heater all week while I was gone. Totally defeated the purpose.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 419Member

@Chris Diner said:
    Mine went back to Heat while I was on vacation from eco and ran my heater all week while I was gone. Totally defeated the purpose.

Are you saying that OC cycled your Nest OFF/ON for an OH, and that wiped out the ECO setting you had set for your vacation? If so, it sounds like OC should investigate changing the temperature setting during the event rather than turning the thermostat OFF. I'm assuming that wouldn't wipe out the ECO setting.

• Chris DinerChris Diner Posts: 2Member

@John K said:

@Chris Diner said:

Are you saying that OC cycled your Nest OFF/ON for an OH, and that wiped out the ECO setting you had set for your vacation? If so, it sounds like OC should investigate changing the temperature setting during the event rather than turning the thermostat OFF. I'm assuming that wouldn't wipe out the ECO setting.

It didn't wipe out the ECO setting, Just when it came out of the OH, it went back to Heat and followed my program like I was home instead of going back to ECO

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 419Member

@Chris Diner said:

@John K said:

@Chris Diner said:

It didn't wipe out the ECO setting, Just when it came out of the OH, it went back to Heat and followed my program like I was home instead of going back to ECO

To me, the OH wiped out your ECO setting and put you back on the "at home" setting. I didn't mean that it ruined the ECO functionality of your t'stat.