Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

It's been a long time since it took more than 48 hours for the results to come in

BelleBelle Posts: 83Member

For quite some time now, the ohm hour results have been reported within 48 hours after the event. My last ohm hour was on July 18th, and it still shows as TBD. I'm wondering if this new feature they have for recalculating is actually going to make the time for reporting longer instead of shorter, as they said?

Best Answers

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 692Member, Moderator

@Belle said:
    For quite some time now, the ohm hour results have been reported within 48 hours after the event. My last ohm hour was on July 18th, and it still shows as TBD. I'm wondering if this new feature they have for recalculating is actually going to make the time for reporting longer instead of shorter, as they said?

I'm with SDG&E and my experience is similar to yours and for me it typically it takes a little more than 24 hours. A 7 pm OhmHour will usually score by midnight the following night. The data is usually available by Noon the next day on SDG&E's site. Occasionally the data is not available and when that happens there is always a delay with OC and they cannot report what they don't know, it's that simple. It hasn't happened for a while but a couple of times it's taken a week for SDG&E data issues to be resolved and I've even seen older OhmHours remains TBD, while more recent ones have been scored. It's hard to be patient when you're expecting a good result and you want to see how you've done but patience is what's required.

• sarahbear2706sarahbear2706 Posts: 5Member
    I've had one TBD since last Tuesday. I can see in my PG&E that the usage has been up since last Thursday.
  • Jaime HJaime H Posts: 3Member

I noticed this too. My last ohmhour was 7/18, and the data has been in my PGE account since mid-day on 7/19. I'm sure it will get updated in my OC account at some point, but it's strange that there is this much of a time delay.

• snetphiliesnetphilie ConcordPosts: 133Member, Moderator

My OhmHour from the 18th hasn't posted yet either. I've never seen it take this long and I'm in PG&E's area and can see my data online. Might be part of their recent changes.

• IanEIanE Posts: 69Member

yup not just you....

i do appreciate the note on my dashboard...

PG&E Data Issue

OhmConnect has not received data for PGE residents for about a week. We are working with PGE to resolve this issue, and hope to have this fixed by the end of this week. Thanks for your patience!

• BelleBelle Posts: 83Member

@IanE said:
    i do appreciate the note on my dashboard...

PG&E Data Issue

OhmConnect has not received data for PGE residents for about a week. We are working with PGE to resolve this issue, and hope to have this fixed by the end of this week. Thanks for your patience!

Yes, I saw this as well after coming online just a moment ago to check. I was about to check PG&E's site to see if I could view my usage. It appears others have seen it, so I won't bother with that.

seems to be updated today...

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 211Member, Moderator

I was regularly getting results posted the following day with SCE and then it went to within 48 hours and now I have two outstanding OhmHours from 7/25 & 7/26. I looked at my 3rd Party Authorization for OhmConnect on my SCE account online and it indicates the following :

Third Party: OhmConnect
    Billing InformationLast Successful transfer: June 10, 2017 12:00 AM
    Meter InformationLast Successful transfer: July 22, 2017 12:00 AM
    Interval Usage DataLast Successful transfer: July 25, 2017 12:00 AM
    Program Participation InformationLast Successful transfer:
    Customer InformationLast Successful transfer: July 22, 2017 12:00 AM

So it looks like the issue is with SCE in my case and I have messaged them via Facebook to see what their response is.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 692Member, Moderator

@Steve E said:
    I was regularly getting results posted the following day with SCE and then it went to within 48 hours and now I have two outstanding OhmHours from 7/25 & 7/26. I looked at my 3rd Party Authorization for OhmConnect on my SCE account online and it indicates the following :

So it looks like the issue is with SCE in my case and I have messaged them via Facebook to see what their response is.

Good info @Steve E . Could you possibly post the steps you have to take to view this info online? I think other SCE users would benefit from it.

@UkiwiS said:

@Steve E said:

Good info @Steve E . Could you possibly post the steps you have to take to view this info online? I think other SCE users would benefit from it.

Here is a thread I created with the steps involved

https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/1088/how-to-view-3rd-party-authorization-and-data-transfers-for-sce#latest

• Philip ChildsPhilip Childs Posts: 18Member
    OC got the data download, for my account on 7/28 @ 12:00 am, still TBD on the 7/25 & 7/26 OhmHours.

@Philip Childs said:
    OC got the data download, for my account on 7/28 @ 12:00 am, still TBD on the 7/25 & 7/26 OhmHours.

I am not sure at what time during the day OhmConnect process the data they receive so you should be seeing an update shortly I would assume

As of this morning I currently still have two outstanding OhmHours from 7/25 & 7/26 with another OhmHour scheduled for tonight.

Checking yesterday on the SCE website it showed

_Last Successful transfer: July 28, 2017 12:00 AM
    _

and checking again this morning it now shows

Last Successful transfer: July 29, 2017 12:00 AM

It would appear that once again there is seems to be an issue somewhere between the flow of data between OhmConnect & SCE. It appears as if OhmConnect should have received the data based on the information available on the SCE website indicating there have been successful transfers since 7/26 so it once again is really hard to ascertain where the problem lies.

Looking at the downloaded CSV data from the OhmConnect dashboard shows me the following information

Which appears to include the planned OhmHour for tonight already but no results for the outstanding two. It is completely unclear from this as to when they last received data from SCE and in all honesty it becomes a question of he said / she said as to where the blame lies.

I think it would probably be a good idea to have some kind of threshold that indicated there was a problem that would lead to an automatic review of the data to see where the issue lies. I don't know what the parameters should be to determine this‚ but from my personal experience it seems that once more than one OhmHour is outstanding that is a good indication of there being an issue that needs resolution. I have already raised this issue with SCE and have received an initial response indicating

thank you for reaching out to us. We'll look into this and follow up with you. Thank you.

I don't know how the integration and communication differs by utility company and what their regular transmittal time is for data‚ but it should be possible to come up with a successful indicator of a problem based on the utility company / days elapsed / outstanding OhmHours to create an automatic process for review rather than having to play detective and play the process of elimination game each time.

• Simon LiuSimon Liu Posts: 3Member

I'm with SoCalEdison and have not received any updates on the few recent Ohm Hours: 7/25/17, 7/26/17, 7/30/17

@Simon Liu said:
    I'm with SoCalEdison and have not received any updates on the few recent Ohm Hours: 7/25/17, 7/26/17, 7/30/17

I forwarded my findings to OhmConnect and I got a response indicating there seems to be a problem with data from SCE for several days and they are now aware of this problem and someone has been assigned to look into it.

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 62Member

WTF does this mean? I haven't received points for my last 4 OhmHours dating back to 7/25 myself.

@Srelaz said:

WTF does this mean? I haven't received points for my last 4 OhmHours dating back to 7/25 myself.

I have contacted Ohm Connect about this issue and I would suggest you do the same. I too am now in the position to have my last 4 Ohm Hours as TBD

• Simon LiuSimon Liu Posts: 3Member

I emailed Ohm Connect and this is what they said regarding my problems with SoCalEdison:
    "Hi there, we have recently seen some issues on SCE's side in delivering data to us on behalf of OhmConnect users which results in one of more #OhmHOurs showing TBD on your dashboard. We have reached out to SCE, but unfortunately, we have not heard back yet. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, and will be filling in data as soon as we receive it from SCE. "

edited August 2

@Simon Liu said:
    I emailed Ohm Connect and this is what they said regarding my problems with SoCalEdison:
    "Hi there, we have recently seen some issues on SCE's side in delivering data to us on behalf of OhmConnect users which results in one of more #OhmHOurs showing TBD on your dashboard. We have reached out to SCE, but unfortunately, we have not heard back yet. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, and will be filling in data as soon as we receive it from SCE. "

Here is the response I got - I guess we have ourselves what I would call a canned response

Hi there, we have recently seen some issues on SCE's side in delivering data to us on behalf of OhmConnect users which results in one of more #OhmHOurs showing TBD on your dashboard. We have reached out to SCE, but unfortunately, we have not heard back yet. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, and will be filling in data as soon as we receive it from SCE.

• shoeprano27shoeprano27 Posts: 4Member
    Ive been having this problem too. I messaged scott and he said that SCE has been lagging on delivering data to ohmconnect. He also contactred sce a couple days back and sce still hasnt responded. I thought i was the only one having this problem but i guess some of you guys are too. I habe about 12 referrals that should habe been silver by now but sce habent givwen ohmconnect data.. I guess we habe to wait and see.
  • Nathan De GrootNathan De Groot Posts: 2Member
    I just got points from 7/31 but not from my previous 3 ohm hours.

I just got the points for 7/31 as well‚ but also have the three previous OhmHours still outstanding.

• Darby GrossDarby Gross Posts: 4Member
    edited August 2
    I'm in the same boat. Got points for 7/31 and have 3 TBD from previous OhmHours.
  • KadieLPorterKadieLPorter Posts: 11Member
    Explain this to me...got paid for my most recent ohm but have three previous that are still tbd?????

As of tonight all my outstanding "TBD" OhmHours have been resolved and I now have 0 "TBD".

• vetidoravetidora Posts: 68Member
    > @Steve E said:
    > @Simon Liu said:
    > I'm with SoCalEdison and have not received any updates on the few recent Ohm Hours: 7/25/17, 7/26/17, 7/30/17
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I forwarded my findings to OhmConnect and I got a response indicating there seems to be a problem with data from SCE for several days and they are now aware of this problem and someone has been assigned to look into it.

I'm waiting on the same days

@vetidora_03@yahoo.com - all of mine from July were resolved last night. Have you ever reached out to SCE‚ if not I suggest that you do that to see if that can help resolve the issue

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 62Member

@Steve E said:
    @vetidora_03@yahoo.com - all of mine from July were resolved last night. Have you ever reached out to SCE‚ if not I suggest that you do that to see if that can help resolve the issue

I can see all my SCE data for the 3 OhmHours in question, yet here we are "next week" on Thursday and I don't have my TBD's resolved yet.

This discussion has been closed.