Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Homekit-compatible Smartplugs: How to get OhmEnergy Connect support?

I have Eve Energy smart plugs in my home and I'm anxious to integrate/enroll them into my Ohm Hours - especially on my dumb refrigerator that seems to sense the Ohm event and go into auto defrost mode during same - destroying my accumulated points.
What is the process to request a new smart plug be added to the current list?

https://www.elgato.com/en/eve/eve-energy

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,576Member, Moderator
    Send an email to [email protected] and while you wait for an answer I'd suggest you invest in something that is currently supported. The Tp-Link smart mini plugs work well.
  • snetphiliesnetphilie ConcordPosts: 139Member, Moderator

::COUGH:: Apple specific product ::COUGH:: Mistake!!! ::COUGH:: :D
    All joking aside, that product requires a signal be sent through Apple equipment. Most other products, like TP-Links, either connect to your WiFi or use some technology to connect to a Hub that is connected to your network. These other products are convenient for people like OhmConnect because it's a lot easier to access them. They simply shoot some info over to TP-Link's site (for example) and TP-Link's servers do some crazy magic that allows it to communicate to your plugs securely (I can get into the details if you want but it can get pretty geeky). For this reason, it might be a while, if ever, before they get around to connecting to those plugs. That said, it certainly never hurts to ask!

• Meyer.JeffMeyer.Jeff Posts: 2Member

Snetphilie, You are incorrect about HomeKit compatible smart devices and how the smart devices can be communicated with. The provided apps that each of these Homekit-compatible devices are delivered with still work. An HomeKit-compatible smart device can simultaneously work/be controlled by a local phone app, or alexa, etc.