Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

New Referral Contest

2»

Comments

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

Received my email late this morning.

• @Claudia, can you help? I haven't received the email yet.

• I'm on vacation but did get my email so I just have to figure out want I want when I get home...curious to see what everyone chooses...too bad we can't chose more than one....my email said I had 58 reach silver during the promo period
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@Kimberly McDermott said:
    I'm on vacation but did get my email so I just have to figure out want I want when I get home...curious to see what everyone chooses...too bad we can't chose more than one....my email said I had 58 reach silver during the promo period

Holy Moly...you are a #LEGEND!

• Ha ha ha @UkiwiS I don't know about that...lol but I'm going to Disneyland to Celebrate lol
  • @Claudia, I need some help on this. I have contacted support chat but have not received a response for the past three days.

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

@Elmer Indrawan said:
    @Claudia, I need some help on this. I have contacted support chat but have not received a response for the past three days.

I'd try sending an email to [email protected]

• soooo, i just connected my thermostat and did not receive any points at all to make the device free after rebate. After I purchased it, those pending points were on the connect page initially...but not when I actually went to connect it. Sent email to support but its Saturday so I guess I'll have to be patient. Wondering if anyone else experienced this.

@Heather R. Weather I connected a TP-LINK device and points showed up later. I'm not sure how long it took exactly and I think I noticed it either a few hours later or the next day.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@Heather R. Weather, I, too, failed to receive the other half of the rebate after connecting my new T'stat. Post here if your have success.

• @UkiwiS @John K thanks for your replies, that makes me feel better. Still nothing yet but fingers crossed they show up.
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    My rebate has been issued. Don't know if it was the result of this thread, my email to the store, or that the rebates are just no longer instantaneous with connection.
  • Omg! And there are all the points from the other half of the item. Hooray! That was really weirs esp since they state its instant and it was in the past.
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

They said installation of the device "triggers" the rebate. I waited until the following day and the rebate was there. I've learned with OhmConnect to be patient and give them a day or two for anything to happen before adding to the OC Support work load.

It took about a day but I did receive the rebate after I connected my new thermostat. And I must add....the support from Ecobee is really very good. A slight problem I had with my installation was handled quickly and professionally.

• tpatten0tpatten0 Posts: 15Member

Ok, so if I connect mine today, then the 2000 points should be there instantly and the remaining ones hopefully by tomorrow? But not instantly, correct? Thanks for all the help!

edited September 2017

@[email protected].com said:
    Ok, so if I connect mine today, then the 2000 points should be there instantly and the remaining ones hopefully by tomorrow? But not instantly, correct? Thanks for all the help!

You would have received half the discount up front when you purchased the item. Based on my experience, the remaining 2000 points will be credited within 24 hours of connecting it. Combining the store discount and the additional points on connection, the device is "Free" give or take a few cents.

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    edited September 2017
    You only get the connection bonus once. So if you are connecting a device you got thru the referral contest and it's the 1st device you've ever connected to OC, you'll get the referral contest rebate for the device (making it free) and the connection bonus. Whereas, if the device you got thru the referral contest is not your 1st one and you connect it to OC, you'll get the rebate, but not the connection bonus.

Capiche?

In terms of timing of getting rebates & bonuses, users have different experiences. Sometimes it's instantaneous. Other times the next day. And in some cases days, weeks or even months later (depends on if OC is experiencing any bugs they need to address to ensure the correct bonuses/rebates are being awarded to the correct user for meeting the correct criteria).

Now I'm confused!

edited September 2017

So....here is my experience. I was awarded a new thermostat for the referral contest. I received a 50% discount code which I used to buy the thermostat. When I hooked up the thermostat and connected it to OC, I received the 50% balance of the cost of the Thermostat as a rebate in POINTS. (12450) I also received 2000 TOKENS for the device connection. (Bonus for connecting first wifi thermostat, even though this was my 2nd thermostat) I received the points within 1 day of connecting the thermostat....same with the bonus tokens.

• Misti PattenMisti Patten Posts: 18Member

Got it. Mine also says 2000 tokens. I must have misunderstood. Thank you all so much

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 95Administrator

@Elmer Indrawan , so weird, your tags on me weren't coming through, yes i will look into yours.

if you didn't see your points right away when you connected that new device with the rebate, check your points CSV / points tally the next day. I know @Misti Patten connected hers last night and it showed up as being awarded this morning.

• pale-emeraldpale-emerald Posts: 1Member
    I'm trying to find small print that let's me know this, but I don't see any. I received the code for the $10 discount in the ohm connect store and tried to purchase the TP-LINK smart plug ($19.99), but it says my cart does not qualify for the discount code. Can anyone tell me why this is?