Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Calculating Your OhmHour Points

Confused about how your base points and streak and level up bonuses are used to ultimately calculate the points you've earned from your energy saving efforts? You're not the only one...

Courtesy of @UkiwiS (and verified by OC):

Total Points = BasePoints X (StatusLevel + StreakBonus/100)

Here's a couple of examples:

Assume StatusLevel = GOLD and StreakBonus = 150%

Total Points = BasePoints X (1.5 + 150/100)
Total Points = BasePoints X 3

Assume StatusLevel = Platinum and StreakBonus = 225%

TotalPoints = BasePoints X (2 + 225/100)
TotalPoints = BasePoints X 4.25

Comments

  • Allison YAllison Y Posts: 4Member

    Thank you for posting this! I was coming on the forums to see exactly how this works!

  • komalagakomalaga Posts: 7Member

    How do we know base points ?

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator
    > @[email protected].com said:
    > How do we know base points ?

    We don't know base points as it varies for each event and is different depending on your location and the market. Over the last year base points awarded have been between 80 and 220 points per kWh.
  • komalagakomalaga Posts: 7Member

    Thanks for your reply Ukiwi. Please help me with another question. I am a platinum member but sometimes my status level bonus(as seen in downloaded csv) is equal to base points and sometimes it is much more then base points. As my status level is same i am expecting multiplication factor should be the same. Am i missing something ?

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator

    @[email protected]
    Status points changed back in Sept, I cannot recall the exact date. I only see one in your screenshot where Platinum was calculated under the old 3X formula. That matches mine and you'll see prior to Sep Status Bonus was 3X, now 1X.

  • dgoddarddgoddard Posts: 13Member

    @UkiwiS said:
    @[email protected]
    Status points changed back in Sept, I cannot recall the exact date. I only see one in your screenshot where Platinum was calculated under the old 3X formula. That matches mine and you'll see prior to Sep Status Bonus was 3X, now 1X.

    How is your forecast so high on 10/23 and 10/24? this time of year my forecasts are not over 1 kwh...

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator
    edited November 2017

    @dgoddard said:

    How is your forecast so high on 10/23 and 10/24? this time of year my forecasts are not over 1 kwh...

    I use a lot of electricity in the evenings, charging the EV and those are 2 hour #OhmHours so double the usual.

  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

    @UkiwiS said:
    > @[email protected].com said:
    > How do we know base points ?

    We don't know base points as it varies for each event and is different depending on your location and the market. Over the last year base points awarded have been between 80 and 220 points per kWh.

    *Just to note, there are some users who earn more or fewer base points during OhmHours as part of experimental research initiatives, but the range @UkiwiS described is typical for most users.

  • SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

    Reviewed my points received over the last year....and had a low of 80 pts /kwh on 9/27, and a high of 399 on 6/23 with an average of about 170 pts/kwh.

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator

    @SD Chip said:
    Reviewed my points received over the last year....and had a low of 80 pts /kwh on 9/27, and a high of 399 on 6/23 with an average of about 170 pts/kwh.

    I think you'll find the high points were for an #OhmHour on 6/21. That was a 2 or 3 hour flex alert for the whole of CA and we all got paid triple, If I recall correctly. If you drop it, or change it to 133, what's your high over the year? I have a high of 238 on 3/8

  • SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

    @UkiwiS Yes you are correct, the high was on 6/21. Dropping that OH, my highest over the year so far is on 9/1 paid 322 per kwh, followed by 238 on 2/21.

Sign In or Register to comment.