Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Late notification for Ohm hour

rainy schrickerrainy schricker Posts: 39Member
edited September 12 in Troubleshooting
I got notified of the OHM hour FIVE MINUTES before it ENDED!!! I am positive I will now lose my streak that I had going!! Wth?!!

Best Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 687Member, Moderator
    Accepted Answer

OC have been given a heads up and they are already looking into it. Let the dust settle and order will be restored...give it a day or two.

Please check the forum before opening new threads.

Closing discussion.

Answers

• dazayasdazayas Posts: 0Member

I've gotten notices as little as 10 minutes before the start of an event, and I can at least understand getting short notice. But this is literally negative notice. I've been running the AC and charging my car for the last hour+. This isn't even remotely fair.

I'm hoping it's just a glitch and that my streak / average will not be impacted...

• SCECUSTOMERSCECUSTOMER Oak View, California, USAPosts: 52Member

We are watching some TV, wife said it was warm & muggy inside the home 80F/55% humidity according to our NEST thermostat so I turned it on.
    Just prepared dinner (oven) and made a nice coffee afterwards
    and then over 1/3 INTO the hour 18:21 we get a message it is ohmhour ?
    txt message:

email message:

With a predicted usage of 0.63kWh and having run the 3KW AC already for a while:

Of course we will try and save for the remaining 3X minutes, but this is NOT a normal way of doing things (imo)
    If this will break my streak, I would like OC to make some kind of suggestion for this case.

• vetidoravetidora Posts: 68Member
    I didn't even get a notification I only found out about the ohm hour by checking on my tbd dates. This has happened once before, write them and let them know that the notifications didn't go out and they will fix it hopefully
  • XorjonXorjon Posts: 12Member

I didn't get any notifications or automations, but I see there is an ohmhour in my dashboard 6pm-7pm today. Hope they don't count this one.

• Paul MartinezPaul Martinez Posts: 0Member
    So I just received a text at 6:52pm saying that there was an hour between 6-7pm thanks a lot!! Now I'm going to lose points and my streak (which I was pretty darn proud of btw) there is literally no way I can make points now. The notification system needs to be better and usually it is but this time you totally failed.
  • Paul MartinezPaul Martinez Posts: 0Member
    So I just received a text at 6:52pm saying that there was an hour between 6-7pm thanks a lot!! Now I'm going to lose points and my streak (which I was pretty darn proud of btw) there is literally no way I can make points now. The notification system needs to be better and usually it is but this time you totally failed.
  • imhmherreraimhmherrera Posts: 1Member
    Same thing happened to me tonight. Got the alert with 7 minutes left. Not right. Who do we contact about this?
  • I just now got a text at 6:52 PM that said OhmHour today from 6-7 PM.
    I have not received anything prior to this. I get informed 8 minutes before OhmHour is over!!! I was at 20 OhmHours in a row with this next one having 100% Bonus added!!!!! Really???? Sure seems fishy to me!!!!! I am not happy. Is this a mistake????

• Vicki 1Vicki 1 Posts: 71Member

So at 6:16 PM I get notified of an OH that started at 6:00. At that point it was too to opt out even if I wanted to.
    None of my devices shut off with the exception of my freezer. The A/C, the fridge, none of my light shut off. I only even knew there was an OH because I went to get something out of the freezer and it was off. If I end up breaking my streak because of this I am going to be really mad!!! OC needs to be more reliable about notifications and shutting down connected devices!!

• Button76Button76 Posts: 2Member
    edited September 12
    I just received an email at 6:55 pm for an energy saving hour from 6pm-7pm. This is not fair. The whole hour past before notification was sent. Had I known I would have shut down as I usually do. I hope this mistake is addressed. I do not want to lose my streak.
  • James CJames C Posts: 2Member
    Me to, I received notice at 6:45pm for a 6-7pm ohm connect hour.
  • ak2380ak2380 Posts: 5Member
    Same here. I got my text and email at 6:56. It's a bit late now. It better be a glitch. I don't want to lose points or my streak.
  • luzfarias86luzfarias86 Posts: 3Member
    I just got it at 6:56!!!! This will break my record, what do we do?
  • howardhoward Posts: 2Member

i agree. got the alert 10 minutes ago, with no previous alert. what a load of bs

• DanaDana Posts: 1Member
    Same, received it at 7pm.
  • Same, received it at 7pm! :(
  • Just received a text for ohm hour at 6-7p today but it's already 7:01p. I didn't even get an invite for it and when I click the link it said I opted in? Please fix and don't ding me!!
  • KadieLPorterKadieLPorter Posts: 11Member
    Same I got mine after the hour ended. Big screw up on their end. I also had a streak of 20 and if it gets ruined I'm going to be upset. I have tried really hard to get there.
  • bobbyandameliabobbyandamelia Posts: 1Member
    Me too! That is ridiculous and definetly should not be counted against streak! I havent got one at all in weeks and now this?! Wondering if they just did it to the people that have high streaks going? Im at 27 in a row.
  • alan0email-ohmalan0email-ohm Posts: 0Member

It is now 7PM. I did not receive an OHMHour warning. I usually receive SMS and emails - NOT THIS TIME.

• Daniel5Daniel5 Santa Rosa, CAPosts: 7Member

Same exact thing got it at 6:59pm. Im going to be pissed if they count this as breaking streak

• Betty MajalcaBetty Majalca Posts: 1Member
    I also just got notification at 6:56. Not cool! I really hope this was a glitch!
  • Same here, 7pm on the dot after it was over
  • luzfarias86luzfarias86 Posts: 3Member
    I'm at 19 in a row, got the notification at 6:56. I'm bummed!!!! It's been over a week since my last one and now I get this???
  • WarsongWarsong Posts: 1Member

I just received the text at 6:59pm! This better not end my streak >:(

• Same issue here!
  • Same here. Got it 7 minutes after it was over. BUT - it still let me opt out. Might want to try that just in case.
  • I got the same. 6 minutes after it was over I was notified. Hope I don't lose my streak.
  • SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 62Member
    I got my notifications at 7:06. Nothing shut off. Woo hoo!
  • Spencer SalvaSpencer Salva Posts: 1Member

Wow, I got my notice at 6:22. looks like I was 'early' compared to everyone else here.

This discussion has been closed.