Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Status dropped to silver?

2»

Answers

• Steve ReedSteve Reed Posts: 111Member

@UkiwiS said:
    It's going to get worse when they change the TOU PEAK period from 11-6 to NOON to 9. I'm not sure when SDG&E are planning for that but they got approval. I think it's 2019.

Yeah, that is going to make the EV-TOU2 plan suck from most people. Getting the Tesla Powerwalls installed is my hedge against the new TOU hours. I should be able charge from 8am-noon, then run from batteries from 6-9pm.

I'm actually in favor of making the peak TOU rate correspond to the actual peak usage, even though it make solar users life harder. Having artificial peak rate times does not help reduce usage during the actual peak usage periods.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member
    edited October 2017

SDG&E is moving the peak on most accounts on DEC 1. The peak period for SDG&E customers on TOU rates will be 4-9pm, however your mileage will vary, as solar owners are exempt from the peak shift for 5 years. (If you are on a TOU rate)

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    edited October 2017
    @SD Chip Does the 5 year exemption apply to users on EV-TOU2 rate plan?
  • SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

@UkiwiS Yes. If you are on a TOU rate you will be grandfathered on the existing time periods for a period of 5 years from the date of your permission to operate but not beyond 7/31/2022.. Are you under the NEM 1.0 or NEM 2.0 (NEM-ST)?

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@SD Chip

Yes, thanks. I actually had that confirmed by SDG&E today.

I'm under NEM 1.0 and will have the existing time periods till July 2020.

• Steve ReedSteve Reed Posts: 111Member

I did not realize they were going quite that extreme. I thought it would be more like 1-9pm.

I've had solar and TOU for 5 years this month, so Dec 1 is probably it for me.

The Powerwalls are taking forever to arrive. Hopefully they will get installed soon. They will really help with avoiding usage from 6-9pm.