Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Try to save the most energy yet get the least points

estela661estela661 Posts: 6Member
edited September 2017 in Low Energy Users
Forgive me if I'm being a negative Nancy but why is it that when I try to save every bit of energy for #ohmnhours I get the very least points? Like when I unplug every item I get less points than when I actually try to unplug every item. Please someone else let me know if I'm wrong or if someone else has similar experiences.

Comments

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,010Moderator
    When you say you get the least amount of points for the most amount of energy saved, it sounds you maybe comparing this OhmHour (OH) to others you have experienced. Can you tell me how other OHs have compared? Providing examples with actual point & kWh savings numbers would help in understanding your situation.

In general, every OH has a different Point/kWh value depending on the strain on the grid in your area. Some OHs, you may only save a little energy and get a lot of points versus another OH where you save a lot of energy and only got a few points like you did in this instance.
  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

@[email protected].com said:
    Forgive me if I'm being a negative Nancy but why is it that when I try to save every bit of energy for #ohmnhours I get the very least points? Like when I unplug every item I get less points than when I actually try to unplug every item. Please someone else let me know if I'm wrong or if someone else has similar experiences.

While the amount of energy you use during an OhmHour is important, it's only half the equation. What matters is your reduction in energy use relative to your forecast. If your forecast is low, you could turn off the power to your house at the breaker and still earn few points.

Also, the number of base points awarded per kWh reduction is based on a number of factors, some of which we're privy to (e.g., spot prices on the energy market) and others which we're not. It is true that the number of base points awarded per kWh reduction has generally decreased in the past months, but many people with increasing streak bonuses haven't experienced much change in the total points they've earned.

• Summer1Summer1 Posts: 117Member
    Yes but cant keep our streak when we are not getting txts about the hours
  • Adam TylerAdam Tyler Posts: 1Member
    My forecast was .675 and I used .51 I got 70 points. My next forecast was 1.61 and I used .80 and got 74 points? How does that work?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,493Member, Moderator
    Typically you'll earn between 80 and 220 per kWh and it varies from ##OhmHour to #Ohmhour.