Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Info about SMT users

Misti PattenMisti Patten Posts: 18Member
edited October 2017 in Referrals

Just curious....where are most SMT users located? I'm not familiar with that company so is it completely random or does, like, the majority of Austin use SMT? If I wanted to get eligible referrals, where would be a good place to look?
Thanks!

Answers

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member

Also curious as to whether OC is compensated by any Texas entity for the reductions made by Texas residents?

• Misti PattenMisti Patten Posts: 18Member
    edited October 2017
    So I got some SMT referrals. They show true in all fields but approval (3 of them). Two from September had the same thing and I was told they needed to create an online SMT account. The new ones, however, have one. Has anyone EVER had SMT users go silver or are YOU a silver SMT? How did it happen? is it possible lol? I'm working on getting alot of users to sign up and don't want to waste their time or mine
  • tpatten0tpatten0 Posts: 15Member

NONE of my SMT referrals have ever gone silver dating back two months (and there's quite a few). They all say pending utility approval. While I understand they need to contact support directly, it appears to be a universal issue. I am wasting everyone's time marketing to an area that will never go silver, apparently, since no one can explain why this is the case. Has anyone EVER had an SMT silver or is anyone here with SMT that is? What could possibly be the issue if they have provided Ohm with their online account info and are not enrolled in a competing program? Anyone?

• Kimberly McDermottKimberly McDermott Posts: 74Member
    Nope mine just sit there too even though some of my referrals i know personally have sent all documention in and they have juat given up...
  • daniel-r-richmonddaniel-r-richmond Posts: 2Member

If anyone's still reading this, I'm a Gold SMT user (in Houston), so yes, it is possible. SMT is a somewhat clunky website, but it does work if you put 10-15 minutes of work in signing up, confirming your account, resetting your password, etc.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member

@John K said:
    Also curious as to whether OC is compensated by any Texas entity for the reductions made by Texas residents?

@anguye42, any input Anh?

• Kimberly McDermottKimberly McDermott Posts: 74Member
    @daniel-r-richmond Thank you for the heads ip
  • daniel-r-richmonddaniel-r-richmond Posts: 2Member

@John K said:

John - I'm not with OhmConnect (although I do work in the Texas electricity industry.) My guess is that they participate in one of ERCOT's demand response or load-shedding programs. This link is the best explanation I could find, although (again) I have no idea what they're actually participating in.

http://www.ercot.com/content/services/programs/load/Load Participation in the ERCOT Nodal Market_3.02.doc

More information about Demand Response in the ERCOT market is available here (I'm not able to make sense of all of it.)
    http://www.ercot.com/services/programs/load

• @John K I'll be doing more research and getting back to this.

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,010Moderator
    @Anh, OhmConnect How’s that research coming along? 😀
  • @AKPsi BAAC Chapter @John K we just support SMT. We haven't been so heavily focused with SMT so my research on this hasn't been on top priority.

• Misti PattenMisti Patten Posts: 18Member
    Still never had an SMT gold lol