Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

24 consecutive Ohm Hours and only getting further from reaching Platinum

BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 84Member
edited November 2017 in Understanding Your Results

Maybe it was designed to function like this, but I doubt it. My availability has been pretty wide open only blocking out noon to 6pm and more recently noon to 5pm. All other hours are available just like friends who get plenty of events.

After 17 consecutive ohm hours, I had 8 weeks remaining to get 3 more and achieve the coveted Platinum level. No problem. My next OH took 24 days. Still plenty of time. The next one took 38 days. No OHs for the entire month of August! By the time I received the next one (the 20th OH), it had been 193 days and was denied Platinum to my utter amazement. I didn't meet the high standard nor did I skip any OHs.

With those huge gaps in OHs, this essentially set me back to zero, starting over again. When I look at the dates and time spans, it is clear that I'm going backwards. Looking at the time span from the most recent OH to "20 Ohm Hours ago", I am getting further and further away.

I personally think the right thing to do here is to correct it, but keep running into things like "your availability", "where you live", "a glitch", "you'll get more soon", etc.

Thanks for letting me vent! :-)

Comments

• BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 84Member
    edited November 2017

Minor correction: I had six ohm hours to go before the 24 and 38-day gaps. Total of 24 consecutive currently, not 27, but same premise applies.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

I do believe Ohm Hour start times could be a factor in your case.
    Here are my OH dates and start times:
    (Central San Diego area)

edited November 2017

@SD Chip said:
    I do believe Ohm Hour start times could be a factor in your case.
    Here are my OH dates and start times:
    (Central San Diego area)

Thanks for sharing that, Chip. Do you have solar by any chance? The is the only thing keeping me from having OHs during the day. An OH on a cloudy day would wipe out your streak and you'd be stripped of platinum status. With an average usage in the negative, there is no way for me to push energy to the grid to save myself. If OC could base usage on actual vs net usage, I'd have no problem being available 24/7. By the way, now that it's dark before 5pm, I moved my window back to 4pm. Maybe this will help, at least until Feb-Mar.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

No solar here. I put automated plugs on some baseline loads, and make sure I keep an eye on my variable loads. I also have an ecobee thermostat. So in my case I don't even need to be home to save during an ohm hour.

Well don't get solar (to reduce grid demand) or you'll mess it all up! :-)

• Rhiana JonesRhiana Jones Posts: 2Member

Personally getting very frustrated since I got Solar I can't beat a forecast to save my life. Even on a very sunny day, everything, and I mean everything in my house turned off and UNPLUGGED. With the solar making so much I'm putting energy back on the grid, its telling me I'm either not beating my forecast, or only beating it by 1 or 2 points.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator

@Rhiana Jones

This has been talked about quite a bit previously. In a nutshell, change your availability to match 4pm to 7am and you'll be good to go.

Top right of this page, below your name click on Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you can edit....this is what I have.

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

Hi there-- the time frame your'e blocking out is peak #OhmHour time.

It would be great to see the distribution of ohm hours (for given areas perhaps) for each month of the year to see when is the best time to target. It would seem they should align with CAISO demand forecasts, but not exactly, apparently. For example, I might be able to support 3pm ohm hours through January if I knew there may be a few. Based on history, what are the odds?