Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How do I setup my smart plug with IFTTT?

Daniel5Daniel5 Santa Rosa, CAPosts: 12Member

I have a smart plug that is not directly compatible with OC but Id like to none the less set it up with IFTTT to properly trigger during OH (and then of course turn back on afterwards)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

@Daniel5 said:
    I have a smart plug that is not directly compatible with OC but Id like to none the less set it up with IFTTT to properly trigger during OH (and then of course turn back on afterwards)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Daniel. Have you tried searching for "IFTTT" in the forum search bar? I'm pretty sure I've seen recent posts about this. It's always good to start with the FAQ section, then search the forum, and then only finally start a new thread. Doing so helps us keep the forum uncluttered and helps you find the answer you're looking for more quickly. Thanks!

• Daniel5Daniel5 Santa Rosa, CAPosts: 12Member
    edited November 2017

I have searched and have not found a direct answer to my question. The IFTTT recipes available are only compatible with Wemo devices

Edit: I understand how to trigger the device off using the "#ohmhour today" email but I do not know how to trigger the device back on

@Daniel5 said:
    I have searched and have not found a direct answer to my question. The IFTTT recipes available are only compatible with Wemo devices

Edit: I understand how to trigger the device off using the "#ohmhour today" email but I do not know how to trigger the device back on

Glad to hear you're halfway there! What type of smart switch are you using, and can you use the email you receive at the end of the OhmHour as a trigger to turn it back on?

• Daniel5Daniel5 Santa Rosa, CAPosts: 12Member

DOH!! Thank you WaterGuy. You lead me in the right direction. I had emails OFF for when the OhmHour ended. I didnt realize that was an option! With those on, its rather obvious then how to make this work. Thanks again

@Daniel5 said:
    DOH!! Thank you WaterGuy. You lead me in the right direction. I had emails OFF for when the OhmHour ended. I didnt realize that was an option! With those on, its rather obvious then how to make this work. Thanks again

No worries! I'm glad we stumbled upon the solution together; there are lots of little hidden features in that Setting page. I hope the rest of the setup process works well!

[Closing discussion now]

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

Great working together :)

This discussion has been closed.