Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Trouble connecting Nest

I’m having trouble connecting Nest to my account. I get an alert that the username and/or password is incorrect.

I’ve verified that Nest is on, and confirmed log-in credential on the Nest app and website to my account.

Am I missing some detail? Should I be looking for a different username/password other than my account?

Thanks!

Answers

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

Hi there! We have had some trouble with nest connectivity in the past. What website do you use to connect to your Nest?

• I'm actually experiencing this exact issue as well. I login to my Nest via: https://nest.com
    I've confirmed I'm able to login to my Nest account with the credentials I know but can't connect to my Nest through OhmConnect

• RW1RW1 Posts: 1Member

I am having the same issue. Perhaps it's related to using two factor for Nest login?

• kacomeaukacomeau Posts: 1Member
    I have similar issue. I don't have 2-step login for Nest. I have correct login and password, but trying to flip the "switch" in the connect area to ON results in a "something went wrong" black bar error. 3 OhmHours now without the thermostat doing anything.
    I used the same password for access to "home.nest.com".

Hi All:
    We are monitoring nest connectivity issues right now. We don't support two-factor authentication but there may be other issues going on.

• Any news on the Nest connection being resolved yet?

@west1107-hotmail no news yet, but pleased keep pinging this thread.

Thank you for your comments, @VDubb. I'll make sure that our product team sees this.

Part of the reason is that Nest is not playing so friendly with us, so API access is limited. I feel your pain and see your points, though.

• Michael Thomas1Michael Thomas1 Posts: 1Member

I too am having problems connecting to my Nest. I DO have 2-way Auth turned on. As previous commenter suggested using the API is preferable to login credentials

Right now, you can't connect if you have 2FA @Michael Thomas1

• Ryan MurphyRyan Murphy Posts: 1Member

How much longer until this is resolved? My security is more important than not having it right now so this seems like a big miss.

• a-mapara-mapar Posts: 1Member

I am having this problem too. I definitely prefer not to enter my Nest username and password on ohmconnect.

• bobkbobk Posts: 1Member

Adding my vote. 2 factor authentication is a big miss. It's enough to make me question the security of the many other logins I'm asked to connect to this service as a new user.

• princessjenprincessjen Posts: 4Member
    Having problem connecting my Nest here, as well.
  • jorgejorge Posts: 1Member

I'm also unable to authenticate because OhmConnect does not handle Nest's two-factor authentication (2FA) :-(
    Is there an ETA for when this will be resolved?

• gstev46412gstev46412 Posts: 1Member

Me too! @ohmConnect, when will this be fixed? It's been 7 months since this was first reported.

• jamiefishbackjamiefishback Posts: 1Member

Ditto

• jeaniezatkulakjeaniezatkulak Posts: 1Member
    Still the same problem here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018

Hey all! This is a known issue and engineering tickets were made in regards to this matter.

• rjpaulosrjpaulos Posts: 1Member

@Anh, OhmConnect said:
    Hey all! This is a known issue and engineering tickets were made in regards to this matter.

Then fix it already.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member
    edited July 2018
    @Anh, OhmConnect

I've attached screenshots of the "Current Known Issues"
    section. There are currently only 3 issues as I'm writing this, and this Nest glitch is not one of them.

I scrolled to the bottom to see if there's a next page of known issues, and I saw there was not.

Has this issue been resolved at this point, or did the issue somehow fell off the list? If it was mistakenly removed, can you help get it back on the list?