Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Very less Points given

I am of platinum status with 195% bonus(39 ohm hours in a row) and i get only 43 points for last ohm hour. Its really hard to believe. My forecasted use was .164 KWH and i used .05KWH during the ohm hour.

Best Answer

Answers

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

@komalaga I feel your pain. I had 2 OHs in a row, almost the same forecast and usage, but got less than half the points for the second OH. I did the math (see @UkiwiS s post) and found my Points per kWh were only 81, my all time low, compared to the previous OH, which was 190 Points per kWh. It's weird how this can vary so much.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,599Member, Moderator

@No Pain No Gain @komalaga I feel it too...the last two are close to the lowest I've ever seen which is 81.7 points per kWh.

@UkiwiS I wasn't on OhmConnect last winter, but if you look back on your stats, are lower points per kWh normal for this time of year? We're right between A/C and heaters being used, so maybe the power companies aren't paying that much for us to reduce our usage. Hopefully this will change as the weather gets colder.

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @UkiwiS I wasn't on OhmConnect last winter, but if you look back on your stats, are lower points per kWh normal for this time of year? We're right between A/C and heaters being used, so maybe the power companies aren't paying that much for us to reduce our usage. Hopefully this will change as the weather gets colder.

No, not really. I had 9 #OhmHours in the last 3 months of 2016. Lowest scoring was 127.6 points/kWh.

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    @No Pain No Gain I think you hit the nail on the head. There’s just not as much demand for electricity during winter.

But if this program were for gas, I’m sure it’d be different story since gas is in higher demand for gas appliances like water heaters and furnaces, which primary use gas.

Since December 1st, these are my points/kWh, so they're all over the place. Never thought of a DR program for gas. Maybe OC should start one of those, too! :wink:

Here's mine...oldest at the top, newest at the bottom. Still have one to score for this month

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator
    edited December 2017

Here are mine for November and December

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

I hope folks realize that we are in the 'shoulder season' which means that there is less demand right now than during the summer.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 238Member

I also notice that though @Steve E has lower points/kWh for each individual OhmHours, the frequency is much greater than @UkiwiS from a year ago.