Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Environmental OhmHour

Just experienced 2 "environmental OhmHour" this last week. New to me at least. I searched the forum and it seems as if its an experimental program and is touted as a no risk no reward program to help save when they are unable to offer rewards. I assumed that no risk no reward meant that participation was optional. Not so if you are on a streak! I did participate on the first hour and saved but chose not to participate in the second environmental hour. I went over and was informed that my streak of 66 participation events was at an end. Very disappointed to say the least. I feel that the least the ohmconnect folks could do is to make it clear in the environmental ohmhour notifications that there is in fact risk to those who are on streaks. I have an extensive home automation system but it is not compatible with ohmconnect i.e. they do not support Insteon devices. I do have an Ecobee thermostat which they do control but I am forced too trigger my "scenes" that control lighting, freezers, refers and pool pumps manually when a ohmhour is called. I have been more than diligent in participating and have saved over 63% on average. If the loss of my streak ultimately stands The incentives are such that my future participation is probably at an end. If you encounter one of these events beware that they are not "risk free".

Comments

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,599Member, Moderator
    edited November 2017

    @jwdhome

    Check out this post:
    https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/comment/6120#Comment_6120

    I suggest you each out to OC via the chat intercomm for resolution and report back here the result.

  • jwdhomejwdhome Posts: 5Member
    Already done. I’ll post the reply.
  • bjracegmbjracegm Posts: 13Member
    > @jwdhome said:
    > Just experienced 2 "environmental OhmHour" this last week. New to me at least. I searched the forum and it seems as if its an experimental program and is touted as a no risk no reward program to help save when they are unable to offer rewards. I assumed that no risk no reward meant that participation was optional. Not so if you are on a streak! I did participate on the first hour and saved but chose not to participate in the second environmental hour. I went over and was informed that my streak of 66 participation events was at an end. Very disappointed to say the least. I feel that the least the ohmconnect folks could do is to make it clear in the environmental ohmhour notifications that there is in fact risk to those who are on streaks. I have an extensive home automation system but it is not compatible with ohmconnect i.e. they do not support Insteon devices. I do have an Ecobee thermostat which they do control but I am forced too trigger my "scenes" that control lighting, freezers, refers and pool pumps manually when a ohmhour is called. I have been more than diligent in participating and have saved over 63% on average. If the loss of my streak ultimately stands The incentives are such that my future participation is probably at an end. If you encounter one of these events beware that they are not "risk free".

    Thanks for posting this, I suspected they would break your streak with these enviro hours even though they very stealthily make it seem like your points and streaks will be unnafected . They keep trying all these tricks to break people's streaks and it's b.s.
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,599Member, Moderator

    @bjracegm said:
    Thanks for posting this, I suspected they would break your streak with these enviro hours even though they very stealthily make it seem like your points and streaks will be unnafected . They keep trying all these tricks to break people's streaks and it's b.s.

    Oh, for goodness sake, are you being serious? You think the CIA is involved here too? OC was probably on the grassy knoll and involved in that one too? LOL. In reality, If you actually lose your streak and write in, they'll probably do a "one off streak forgiveness" so you don't throw your toys out of the cot and leave. You need to pull your head in, there is nothing sinister going on. There's probably a bug and they will fix it if there is.

  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

    @UkiwiS said:

    @bjracegm said:
    Thanks for posting this, I suspected they would break your streak with these enviro hours even though they very stealthily make it seem like your points and streaks will be unnafected . They keep trying all these tricks to break people's streaks and it's b.s.

    Oh, for goodness sake, are you being serious? You think the CIA is involved here too? OC was probably on the grassy knoll and involved in that one too? LOL. In reality, If you actually lose your streak and write in, they'll probably do a "one off streak forgiveness" so you don't throw your toys out of the cot and leave. You need to pull your head in, there is nothing sinister going on. There's probably a bug and they will fix it if there is.

    I'm with @UkiwiS on this one. Time and time again, OC has demonstrated a commitment to their users. While new features often come with bugs, I and others have experienced that OC is usually very willing to make things right. Throwing around accusations without any real evidence isn't helpful to anyone.

  • jwdhomejwdhome Posts: 5Member

    Although I started this thread I didn't mean at the time to suggest that OC is has some underlying sinister agenda here. Only meant to suggest that they could be a bit more transparent when calling these "environmental" events by pointing out the potential downside to those of us who have made the effort to build streaks in our participation in their texts and emails notifying us of the event. In fact OC did forgive my lack of participation and reinstated my streak....much appreciated. But tonight they once again have called an environmental event from 6 to 7pm and the notifications makes no mention of the consequences of non participation to the many of us that are trying to increase our streak performances. They continue to characterize it as a non risk event. As to these "environmental" OhmHours though ....tonight is the 3rd of these events in the last 2 weeks and they all have been called in the prime meal time of 5 to 7pm. Makes it particularly difficult to participate especially when its dark, meal prep is underway and no points incentives are offered. One question I have of OC is do they gain monetarily when we participate and save during these events? I might also take exception to the characterization of these events as being "new features". It would be most helpful if OC could give us more details about the thought behind environmental hours and who benefits monetarily (if any) and what has driven the use of these other than the "common good".

  • bjracegmbjracegm Posts: 13Member

    @jwdhome said:
    Although I started this thread I didn't mean at the time to suggest that OC is has some underlying sinister agenda here. Only meant to suggest that they could be a bit more transparent when calling these "environmental" events by pointing out the potential downside to those of us who have made the effort to build streaks in our participation in their texts and emails notifying us of the event. In fact OC did forgive my lack of participation and reinstated my streak....much appreciated. But tonight they once again have called an environmental event from 6 to 7pm and the notifications makes no mention of the consequences of non participation to the many of us that are trying to increase our streak performances. They continue to characterize it as a non risk event. As to these "environmental" OhmHours though ....tonight is the 3rd of these events in the last 2 weeks and they all have been called in the prime meal time of 5 to 7pm. Makes it particularly difficult to participate especially when its dark, meal prep is underway and no points incentives are offered. One question I have of OC is do they gain monetarily when we participate and save during these events? I might also take exception to the characterization of these events as being "new features". It would be most helpful if OC could give us more details about the thought behind environmental hours and who benefits monetarily (if any) and what has driven the use of these other than the "common good".

    Point made, thank you! They also FAIL to mention the limit in these environmental ohm hours, so unless you go check your email, you may be looking at a 0.50kw ohm hour. Kind of weak.

    @UkiwiS said:

    @bjracegm said:
    Thanks for posting this, I suspected they would break your streak with these enviro hours even though they very stealthily make it seem like your points and streaks will be unnafected . They keep trying all these tricks to break people's streaks and it's b.s.

    Oh, for goodness sake, are you being serious? You think the CIA is involved here too? OC was probably on the grassy knoll and involved in that one too? LOL. In reality, If you actually lose your streak and write in, they'll probably do a "one off streak forgiveness" so you don't throw your toys out of the cot and leave. You need to pull your head in, there is nothing sinister going on. There's probably a bug and they will fix it if there is.

    There was a whole lot of "probably" in that post lol. I guess the mods aren't too informed eh? ;) Relax man Ohm hour isnt the be all end all, so take a deep breath unclench, no ones insulting you but you seem very offended. Take it easy.

  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,599Member, Moderator
    edited December 2017

    @bjracegm said:

    There was a whole lot of "probably" in that post lol. I guess the mods aren't too informed eh? ;) Relax man Ohm hour isnt the be all end all, so take a deep breath unclench, no ones insulting you but you seem very offended. Take it easy.

    I'm actually pretty relaxed and I clearly misinterpreted your post. Not offended in the slightest and for the record I apologize.

    Are you backtracking on the b.s. call?

  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

    @bjracegm said:

    @jwdhome said:
    Although I started this thread I didn't mean at the time to suggest that OC is has some underlying sinister agenda here. Only meant to suggest that they could be a bit more transparent when calling these "environmental" events by pointing out the potential downside to those of us who have made the effort to build streaks in our participation in their texts and emails notifying us of the event. In fact OC did forgive my lack of participation and reinstated my streak....much appreciated. But tonight they once again have called an environmental event from 6 to 7pm and the notifications makes no mention of the consequences of non participation to the many of us that are trying to increase our streak performances. They continue to characterize it as a non risk event. As to these "environmental" OhmHours though ....tonight is the 3rd of these events in the last 2 weeks and they all have been called in the prime meal time of 5 to 7pm. Makes it particularly difficult to participate especially when its dark, meal prep is underway and no points incentives are offered. One question I have of OC is do they gain monetarily when we participate and save during these events? I might also take exception to the characterization of these events as being "new features". It would be most helpful if OC could give us more details about the thought behind environmental hours and who benefits monetarily (if any) and what has driven the use of these other than the "common good".

    Point made, thank you! They also FAIL to mention the limit in these environmental ohm hours, so unless you go check your email, you may be looking at a 0.50kw ohm hour. Kind of weak.

    @UkiwiS said:

    @bjracegm said:
    Thanks for posting this, I suspected they would break your streak with these enviro hours even though they very stealthily make it seem like your points and streaks will be unnafected . They keep trying all these tricks to break people's streaks and it's b.s.

    Oh, for goodness sake, are you being serious? You think the CIA is involved here too? OC was probably on the grassy knoll and involved in that one too? LOL. In reality, If you actually lose your streak and write in, they'll probably do a "one off streak forgiveness" so you don't throw your toys out of the cot and leave. You need to pull your head in, there is nothing sinister going on. There's probably a bug and they will fix it if there is.

    There was a whole lot of "probably" in that post lol. I guess the mods aren't too informed eh? ;) Relax man Ohm hour isnt the be all end all, so take a deep breath unclench, no ones insulting you but you seem very offended. Take it easy.

    @bjracegm, part of our responsibility as moderators is to help maintain a friendly and constructive forum environment. When you start making strong accusations about OC on multiple threads and calling their model "b.s.," it shouldn't surprise you if a few moderators jump in to call you out. I don't believe anyone is particularly wound up about your comments, though, and I'm very glad to hear you've realized that OhmConnect isn't a program worth getting upset about.

    To answer your question: The moderators aren't officially affiliated with or compensated by OC, so while we often do receive direct communication from the OC team in response to questions that arise among the userbase, it's true that we sometimes lack background information about particular issues. That said, all of us have enough experience with OC to have a good sense of the company's culture, and we're committed to helping you track down any information or questions you'd like answers to. The fact that we aren't paid by OC and aren't part of the company's innerworkings is intentional--in fact, you'll often see moderator comments that are critical of aspects of OC's model.

Sign In or Register to comment.