Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Changing hours you wish to receive an #ohmhour

I've been reading forum posts and it sounds like changing my "Times You'd Like to Receive #ohmhours" doesn't actually do anything to avoid being called to participate in an event during hours where you do not want them. For example, you slide the slider so the earliest ohm hour is 8am because you have to get you an your kids ready for school/work in the morning. There is still a possibility that you receive a pre-8am event and have to opt out (which would cause you to lose your streak) in order to not participate. T

his sounds absolutely absurd to me because it would mean that the preference is absolutely meaningless. Please clarify whether this is, in fact, how setting your ohmhour time works.

Thanks!

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,616Member, Moderator
    edited December 2017

@chrissyc said:
    I've been reading forum posts and it sounds like changing my "Times You'd Like to Receive #ohmhours" doesn't actually do anything to avoid being called to participate in an event during hours where you do not want them. For example, you slide the slider so the earliest ohm hour is 8am because you have to get you an your kids ready for school/work in the morning. There is still a possibility that you receive a pre-8am event and have to opt out (which would cause you to lose your streak) in order to not participate. T

his sounds absolutely absurd to me because it would mean that the preference is absolutely meaningless. Please clarify whether this is, in fact, how setting your ohmhour time works.

Thanks!

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding the use of the sliders?

Here's my settings:

Midnight-7am and 4pm-Midnight are open and I'm available.

With the above settings I've NEVER received an alert for an #OhmHour between 7 and 4pm.

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 414Member, Moderator

@chrissyc said:

Thanks!

@UkiwiS is correct--with the sliders set up as shown, they work perfectly.

• @UkiwiS no he sliders are completely greyed out and un-settable for me ! can not be adjusted this should be a basic settable component.. all I read says do what you suggest but MINE is completely un settable

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,616Member, Moderator

@ride1gear2-yahoo said:
    @UkiwiS no he sliders are completely greyed out and un-settable for me ! can not be adjusted this should be a basic settable component.. all I read says do what you suggest but MINE is completely un settable

Did you click the EDIT button at the lower right corner?

• Steve HindmanSteve Hindman Posts: 8Member

If the setting "If I have a smart device connected, include me in #OhmHours at all times, but only send me notifications during the above times" is enabled and you have a NEST Thermostat or smart switches connected to OhmConnect, then your house will automatically participate in OhmHours outside your selected time window and you will NOT receive notification.

This happened to me for all of the OhmHours in April and I just turned the setting to OFF so that I do not participate in any OhmHour that does not fall within the selection time period.

Steve