Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Buddy program

Answers

• BenBen Posts: 33Administrator

@Steve E , great thanks - we are working through some issues right now with how we deal with multiple requests. The outcome here is that some users aren't able to request a new buddy, since we are treating that as a dupe. More to come, we are rolling out the fix very soon!

• GregoryGregory Posts: 28Member

I don't think my buddy @SD Chip and I have the same Ohm Hours. :(

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

Are rewards from the Buddy program being added in a timely manner to your accounts? We got this notification:

5:14 PM, Jan 05 You reduced an average of 59.0% during the last #OhmHour and earned 59.0 points and 100 tokens. Great work savers!!

Today's the 9th. No Tokens or points have been added. We also had a Buddy #OH listed for 12/01. It rolled off on 01/01 while it was still Pending. Out of sight, but not out of mind. :smiley:
    @UkiwiS Did the 12/1 Buddy #OH that you had ever get rewarded after rolling off your "Performance" box?

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator

@No Pain No Gain

Yes, points were awarded on 12/4 for that event.

Points from #OhmHour on 1/4,which scored for me yesterday, have not posted yet...

Hey @UkiwiS and @No Pain No Gain, thanks for pointing this out. We're investigating why points aren't being awarded in a timely manner. We also recently released a new feature where you will be receiving an email notification that you had Buddy points awarded.

• taZZZkittytaZZZkitty Posts: 89Member

How long does it take to be assigned a buddy? It's been nearly a week since I requested one and I still don't have one.

@UkiwiS Looking at your spreadsheet, how did you manage to earn 243 points? :smiley: You and your Buddy had an average saved of 243% :open_mouth: That's impressive!!! Does your Buddy have solar, too? Our highest has been 59%, but I've learned some new ways to save more, so I'm looking forward to the next #OH.

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @UkiwiS Looking at your spreadsheet, how did you manage to earn 243 points? :smiley: You and your Buddy had an average saved of 243% :open_mouth: That's impressive!!! Does your Buddy have solar, too? Our highest has been 59%, but I've learned some new ways to save more, so I'm looking forward to the next #OH.

Firstly, it's supposed to be limited to 100 points, so I believe there's a bug. OC is aware of it so I would expect them to correct it at some point in the future. My buddy has never responded to messages so I'm not sure if she has Solar or not but I believe she does not.

Hi all, just wanted to keep you in the loop - we've resolved the issue where you couldn't invite someone to be your Buddy! @WaterGuy, @Steve E

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@Ben at OhmConnect - I just checked and had still not been assigned a buddy so I went a head and requested one again.

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 95Administrator

as it related to solar and the extra buddy bonuses given, consider it an extra gift for being good stewards of the environment! on messaging buddies and hearing back, we just recently added email notification of new messages and are addressing some small glitches raised here on activity stream, i think that will help with unresponsive buddies.

@Claudia I've received 2 different emails asking me to complete the Buddy Survey. They were exactly the same. Something going on there? Didn't receive the usual 100 tokens for the survey, so just wondering if they were meant to be sent out to all the Buddies, or if it was sent out in error. The last 2 questions didn't seem right.

@Claudia @No Pain No Gain I got it twice as well but only completed the first one. No points either.
  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    To encourage engagement, I think when buddies are paired, they should each be given some kind of incentive for the 1st message they send each other i.e. 10 or 20 tokens (or points). The reason I say that is because if a user messages their buddy and their buddy doesn’t respond back, it defeats the whole purpose of the Buddy system where buddies encourage each to save more. If they’re Buddy is responsive, then yes, they have the option to leave their buddy and get a new one. But if that buddy is unresponsive too, then I can see how users may just end up giving up on this feature and the points they get from the buddy system are just coincidental rather than the result of active engagement and encouragement. Perhaps if one or both buddies have not messaged each other, then a reminder email promoting the value of communication to increasing energy savings and money earned and encouraging them to message each other might also be helpful along with a call to action to message their buddy now along with a button that takes them directly to the spot where they can send their buddy a message. Nonetheless, I think that an incentive of points or tokens is the way to jumpstart engagement between buddies and result in OC reaping the rewards of higher energy savings.

I have to say it's been around a week or so since I requested a new buddy after the first one that was assigned to me left me within a couple of hours of joining so I don't really know what the deal is at this point in time and if others are experiencing the same I can see how their engagement with the feature would be somewhat diminished.

@Steve E Do you live somewhere there aren't many OC members? Maybe there aren't many options in your area to match you up with someone having the same #OhmHour schedule. How about advertising in the forums for a Buddy? We can start a new online matchmaking service here. :lol:

@AKPsi Vince That's a great idea and solid reasoning to back it up. Maybe award 1 token/day that both Buddies communicate to keep up the momentum. Tokens won't break the OC bank and it will be another way to get closer to buying one of the expensive cards. I hope @Ben at OhmConnect saw your comment and idea.

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @Steve E Do you live somewhere there aren't many OC members? Maybe there aren't many options in your area to match you up with someone having the same #OhmHour schedule. How about advertising in the forums for a Buddy? We can start a new online matchmaking service here. :lol:

I live in Alhambra, just outside of Pasadena and I really have no idea how large an area is actually covered in my coverage area

@Steve E Well, you're in a very populated area, so one would hope there are more than a few others using OC for you to Buddy up with. I got nothin'. Let us know when you finally get a Buddy.

@AKPsi Vince said:
    To encourage engagement, I think when buddies are paired, they should each be given some kind of incentive for the 1st message they send each other i.e. 10 or 20 tokens (or points). The reason I say that is because if a user messages their buddy and their buddy doesn’t respond back, it defeats the whole purpose of the Buddy system where buddies encourage each to save more. If they’re Buddy is responsive, then yes, they have the option to leave their buddy and get a new one. But if that buddy is unresponsive too, then I can see how users may just end up giving up on this feature and the points they get from the buddy system are just coincidental rather than the result of active engagement and encouragement. Perhaps if one or both buddies have not messaged each other, then a reminder email promoting the value of communication to increasing energy savings and money earned and encouraging them to message each other might also be helpful along with a call to action to message their buddy now along with a button that takes them directly to the spot where they can send their buddy a message. Nonetheless, I think that an incentive of points or tokens is the way to jumpstart engagement between buddies and result in OC reaping the rewards of higher energy savings.

@AKPsi Vince, @No Pain No Gain thanks for the comment. Love the idea. Will take it under consideration.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

@Ben at OhmConnect The messaging function on the Buddy page works just fine. It allowed my buddy @Gregory and I to determine that we have Ohm Hours in common, that are not being recognized by Ohm Connect. Hope you can get that corrected.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 62Member

@Ben at OhmConnect Can you speak to when/if the buddy invitation will work? I attempted to invite a family member that has shared the same OhmHours as me to be my buddy, but they never received the invite. I noticed you paired me with someone, which would be fine if they actually participated, but it's been a few OhmHours and I see no indication that they're interested (they've even gone from Silver to Bronze).

@DarrenT, thanks for dropping this in the forum! We've fixed the original issue. When was the last time you tried to invite your family member?

@Ben at OhmConnect

FYI I still have not been assigned a buddy yet, it's got to be around a couple of weeks or so now since I requested a new buddy after my original pairing leaving on the same day they were assigned to me.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 62Member

@Ben at OhmConnect said:
    @DarrenT, thanks for dropping this in the forum! We've fixed the original issue. When was the last time you tried to invite your family member?

@Ben at OhmConnect I don't recall the exact date but I believe it was before the new year. I'll leave my current buddy and try the invite again.

OK... So I now have a buddy and I had that buddy prior to the last #OhmHour I had (yesterday) being announced. Looking at the buddy program page, I still see this indicating we have no shared #OhmHours.

I had assumed that if I had an #OhmHour that my buddy would have the same one as we were supposedly paired geographically. Is this not correct?

@Steve E said, "I had assumed that if I had an #OhmHour that my buddy would have the same one as we were supposedly paired geographically. Is this not correct?"

My Buddy and I don't always have the same #OhmHours and he lives 17 miles from me. It doesn't happen that often anymore, but it does happen. Glad you finally got a Buddy, though!

This showed up on my Buddy chat feed today. I don't understand the part about ---> All OHs that happen "on the same day" count for extra points and tokens.

On the same day as what?

edited February 2018

@No Pain No Gain

In order to get additional points, you needed to share the same common OhmHour ...as in date/time. That's why you and your buddy needed to be in a similar geographic location... otherwise you'd get nothing. Perhaps they've changed it so that if you have different time slots but they're on the same day you still benefit.
    @Ben at OhmConnect might be able to confirm or comment?

I just checked and have been awarded points from the buddy program, but as far as I can tell we haven't had an OhmHour at the same time

This discussion has been closed.