Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Has anyone seen a Streak Shield card used for an OhmHour without buying one?

No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member
edited January 2018 in Understanding Your Results

Last night I had an #OhmHour from 6-7 pm. When I got home at 6:10 pm, none of my 9 smart plugs had been turned off automatically by #OC. I mentioned to my Buddy that when I get enough tokens, I'm buying a Streak Shield card in case this happens again and I don't catch it in time. This morning, my dashboard showed I used a Streak Shield card, but I didn't have one to use and I don't have enough tokens to buy one yet. :smiley:
My #OH is still TBD, but I'm positive I didn't go over my forecast since I flipped my circuit breakers just 10 minutes into the #OH. Anyone else have this Streak Shield Used icon/message on their dashboard?

Best Answers

• GregoryGregory Posts: 28Member
    Accepted Answer

Yep, but i definitely beat my forecast and I didn't have a shield yet so they must just be testing it out.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member
    edited January 2018 Accepted Answer

Yup, wondering what that is about.

Also I had to manually shut off my smart plugs as they did not turn off. But I did not need a streak shield card!!

My guess is they applied the streak shield card as a courtesy because the smart plugs did not automagically shut off.

Answers

• sdubgoldsdubgold Posts: 1Member

Yes, I have one too. I don't even know what it is though.

• frankhacfrankhac Sunnyvale, CAPosts: 49Member

I also had an #OhmHour from 6-7 and neither of my 2 smart plugs turned off. I also do see that Streak Shield card and I don't have enough tokens to have bought it.

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 118Member

I contacted the support forum last night because none of my devices shut off yesterday either. They said the problem only effected a limited number of people and I saw the streak shield icon on my dashboard today. I'll still hit my number, I was home and shut everything off.

• nlaceynlacey Posts: 25Member

I came looking on forums because I saw that streak-shield icon on my ohm hour list. I had left the house so I don't know if my devices turned off during that period. If this is indeed a fix for devices not turning off then I very much appreciate them being proactive about the fix. I have very little room for savings without the plugs, and would have been quite frustrated to lose a 50 event streak. The streak bonus is the only thing that makes it worth continuing to participate during these months when most of my energy is gas rather than electricity. I do think the streak system needs tweaked, though, as it doesn't seem quite right to weight earnings so highly towards being able to participate perfectly every single time(which just isn't possible...at some point everyone will face the frustration of having to break their streak). Perhaps they could consider a -5 or -10 streak penalty for missing, rather than a full wipe of your streak status.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator

@UkiwiS said:
    All my devices turned off and I don't have that icon. Perhaps they're testing a feature where if they are unable to turn off a plug they provide protection by way of the Streak Shield?

I now do have this icon....it wasn't shown earlier and I'm not sure what's going on. All my devices turned off as confirmed by the tokens I received.

• BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 84Member

+1

• Bonnie PierceBonnie Pierce Posts: 1Member

Yep happened to me too. Had me worried too when I saw that icon on my board. My smartplug on the fridge worked just fine. Ieft the house just after ohm hour started. I knew I would be at my usual usage of .06

Your use: 0.06 kWh

0.185 kWh Forecasted use
    Thursday, Jan 4, 6:00-7:00PM

No tokens were used from my stack. Would like to know what that was about.

• njzaferesnjzaferes Posts: 6Member

All our devices did shut off during the same hour mentioned, but I noticed the shield had been used as well. None of my tokens were used, so I'm assuming, after reading the messages here, that the shield was complimentary due to a glitch. I didn't even know what a shield was before this. Had to look it up. Nice to know I have that option.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

The streak shield card protects a streak, but maybe should protect the status, too, so it doesn't drop someone from Platinum to Gold.
    For 8500 tokens, just sayin'... :wink:

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

HI all: We had an error on 1/4 where devices didn't go off. To fix this, we gave everyone affected a streak shield to protect your streak from any negative points, and also turned off negative points. The shield is a new icon that happened to be unveiled at the same time!

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator
  • Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Posts: 45Member
    edited March 2018

@Kate from OhmConnect said:
    HI all: We had an error on 1/4 where devices didn't go off. To fix this, we gave everyone affected a streak shield to protect your streak from any negative points, and also turned off negative points. The shield is a new icon that happened to be unveiled at the same time!

I had a streak shield used on my account as well. w\Was there a glitch on March 6th 8 pm -9 pm?

• Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Posts: 45Member
    edited March 2018

this is how it shows on my account