Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Announcing: Reach New Status Levels Sooner!

Sophie, OhmConnectSophie, OhmConnect Posts: 5Member, Administrator

We’ve been listening to your feedback and one thing rang loud and clear: It takes too darn long to reach new status levels. So we’ve made some changes!

Before now, your status level (and your points multiplier) was determined by looking at your performance once you've had 20 #OhmHours. As of this week, we’re cutting that in half! We'll still use up to 20 #OhmHours to calculate your average reduction, but we’ll look at your savings after just 10 #OhmHours. So, if you're a super saver right off the bat, you can reach Gold or Platinum faster — which means more points. Score!

Comments

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

This sounds awesome! Thanks for announcing, Sophie!

• BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 67Member

Will points be awarded retroactively for those of us for whom it took 30 (THREE ZERO) consecutive Ohm Hours to reach platinum? For me, it would have happened 6 months (HALF A YEAR!) sooner all because of the 'glitches' and 180 day time limit to reach 20 OHs. Which begs the question, will 10 OHs have to be successful within 90 days? and will we lose platinum if we don't have 10 in the previous 90 days as well as 20 in the last 180?

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 94Administrator
    edited February 1

@Bstring said:
    Will points be awarded retroactively for those of us for whom it took 30 (THREE ZERO) consecutive Ohm Hours to reach platinum? For me, it would have happened 6 months (HALF A YEAR!) sooner all because of the 'glitches' and 180 day time limit to reach 20 OHs. Which begs the question, will 10 OHs have to be successful within 90 days? and will we lose platinum if we don't have 10 in the previous 90 days as well as 20 in the last 180?

we will not be applying this change retroactively. we will also not be checking for 10 in 90 days. 10 in 180 will keep you within tier.

• Morris familyMorris family Posts: 6Member
    > @sandysaver said:
    > It would be great to see more tiers for bigger savers, for example I work hard and turn everything off. I'm currently on 90% savings. It would be great to have a 60 or 85% tier also with higher rewards.

I agree! I am at 89% savings now, but was at 94% for months. It's hard and very inconvenient at times to save that much. I would even be happy with earning extra tokens so I could get the streak shield card.
  • rbarlinerbarline Posts: 9Member

The new dashboard should be updated to reflect the change that Sophie announced in February 1st. The text inside the status box still shows savings over the last 20 events, which is now irrelevant, whereas it should show the savings over the last 10 events.

• Daniel PoonDaniel Poon Posts: 6Member
    What do I need to do to see the new dashboard?
  • KolchakKolchak FresnoPosts: 33Member

I had the new dashboard a couple of days ago but since then it has reverted back to the old one. I have no idea what happened to my new dashboard.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 46Member

@Kolchak said:
    I had the new dashboard a couple of days ago but since then it has reverted back to the old one. I have no idea what happened to my new dashboard.

Same thing happened to me
    It has the "welcome to your new dashboard!" Banner on top but shows the old layout..

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 358Member
    edited April 22

@rbarline How many OhmHours have you had since joining? Just curious so I can test my interpretation below.
    For those who have had 20 OhmHours, the text in the status box is still relevant (accurate).

"We'll still use up to 20 #OhmHours to calculate your average reduction, but we’ll look at your savings after just 10 #OhmHours."

The way I interpret it, that is mainly for NEW users, so they don't have to amass 20 OhmHours before they can get to the next status level. OC will use just 10 OhmHours to determine if they have saved enough for a Status change.

OC will use up to 20 #OhmHours to calculate the savings percent, so after someone gets to 10 OhmHours, their average will be calculated using ALL their OhmHour savings until they hit the max of 20.

• JenDavis523JenDavis523 Posts: 3Member
    Not liking the new dashboard! I can no longer see how my team is doing, isn't displaying All Users totals under team and I can't pull up my overall totals anymore. My dashboard went from being updated quickly each week with ohmhr totals to almost 3 weeks of no updates. Now all of the sudden 2 over the forecasts when everything was turned off. We have the same routine every ohm hour. Nothing has changed! Little frustrated!
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,339Member, Moderator

@JenDavis523 said:
    Not liking the new dashboard! I can no longer see how my team is doing, isn't displaying All Users totals under team and I can't pull up my overall totals anymore. My dashboard went from being updated quickly each week with ohmhr totals to almost 3 weeks of no updates. Now all of the sudden 2 over the forecasts when everything was turned off. We have the same routine every ohm hour. Nothing has changed! Little frustrated!

Jen, does your utility data match what OhmConnect reports for those OhmHours? It should because that's where they get it. If there is a difference, email help and they'll correct it for you.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 527Member

@JenDavis523 said:

I'm not having any problem with the Dashboard page, but you are right about the Team page -- a couple widgets that were still working are now broken as well. Only two names show up under AllUsers (and they're not leaders). You can't move from AllUsers to YourTeam or Teams. There is no longer any way to reach the Team Profile page. The OhmHour History widget shows what appears to be a placeholder, "Team Name 1."

As for questionable results, in addition to "@Ukiwis"'s question about matching your utility's data, do any of the actual or the numbers used in calculating the forecasts show "Est" indicating that they are only an estimate until they can get missing data?

• Simon LiuSimon Liu Posts: 5Member

I can't see my team's data either!

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 527Member

Have you asked OC to fix it? They seem to think only a couple people care.

• AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 996Moderator
    It appears OC maybe getting away from teams, contrary to what I was told nearly a year ago. They actually wanted to get rid of teams back then until a new addition to their team advised them not to. At that time, there appeared to be some hope that the teams feature would be built out more, but then along came Buddy and nothing more about teams. It’s truly a shame because behavioral psychology demonstrates that a lot more can be accomplished thru teams especially when it involves competition.
  • Anh, OhmConnectAnh, OhmConnect Posts: 206Member, Administrator, Moderator

@AKPsi Vince I thought the same too, but that is not necessarily true anymore. We saw how much users really enjoy the team aspect of our program. We are currently working on revamping the team; I had confirmed this yesterday with my team because I noticed the complaints about the team feature. It is here to stay but getting fixed! If you guys have any ideas on what you would like to see on the team feature, let me know! We are always looking to improve and it starts with you guys.

• AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 996Moderator
    @anguye42 yes. Fundamental: Provide functionality that enables team captains to message all members of their team directly and let teammates communicate with each other.
  • Anh, OhmConnectAnh, OhmConnect Posts: 206Member, Administrator, Moderator

@AKPsi Vince good idea! @Claudia some product feedback for the team feature.