Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

**New Referral Program**

Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator
edited February 7 in Announcements

Hi All:

We frequently update our referral program based on what our users (that's you!) tell us. Our goal is to make a program that works for everyone — existing and new OhmConnect users. With that said, we're excited to announce an update to how referrals work. Here's what you can expect:

• Refer a friend and earn 2000 points ($20) once they reach Silver
  • Your referral will earn 1000 points ($10) when they reach Silver and an extra 1000 points ($10) when they connect their first smart home device (like a TP-Link Smart Plug) to their OhmConnect account.
  • Plus to help get things rolling, we'll send them a discount so they can get that TP-Link for just $10!

Many of you know how great smart devices are for rocking your #OhmHours, and we're excited to help new users experience this first hand, right when they join OhmConnect. Help spread the word!

Note: this program is valid as of February 2018 and while supplies last.

Comments

• BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 67Member

Kate, what I think would be really great is something added to the www.ohmconnect main (landing) page that asks, "Were you referred by a friend?" Maybe just a check box and at the next page they can enter the person's name and city, something like that. Allow them to enter the link within a time frame maybe.

Here's how it goes for me fairly often, as in right now this happened. "Hey, speaking of (energy, savings, solar, etc.) have you heard of Ohm Connect?" Then a long pause while they go to the site and put in their info. At this point, we, the ones in the field drumming up business are cut out of the deal. It's really awkward to say, "Hey have you heard of Ohm Connect and here use my link! Click on it!" It comes across as pushy and people don't trust links provided by acquaintances. Even friends look at shortened, unfamiliar links with skepticism.

Lastly, I think having the main page ask for email and password looks like you're asking for their (gmail, yahoo, etc.) password. Maybe at the next page ask them to create an OC password.

• PowerCaliforniaPowerCalifornia Posts: 2Member

^Ditto Bstring

• christrechristre Posts: 10Member

I have a question about referrals: If I use my tokens for the referral bonus, what actually needs to happen in that two week time frame to qualify for the $40 instead of the $20? For instance, if I have a neighbor sign up at the beginning of my two weeks, but it takes SDGE longer than that to approve them and get them rolling, would that still count for me for the extra? Or since they officially completed the process AFTER the two weeks, would I get just the regular $20? I want to know exactly when I should buy that referral bonus to actually GET the referral bonus for my people. Thanks!

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 191Member
    edited June 14

@christre, I see that @anguye42 provided an answer to your question in this thread on June 12th:

https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/1657/ohm-hours#latest

• AKPsi BAAC ChapterAKPsi BAAC Chapter Union CityPosts: 998Moderator
    And I provided a suggestion to save and use your tokens on a Baseline Boost Card. Check out the link to the other thread to see why I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NO ONE USES THEIR TOKENS TO BUY A REFERRAL MADNESS CARD:

https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/1657/ohm-hours#latest
  • Wayne BartlettWayne Bartlett Posts: 6Member

Can you lose referral points if you break a streak? I hope referral points are safe - they should be.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,404Member, Moderator
    edited August 29

@Wayne Bartlett said:
    Can you lose referral points if you break a streak?

No.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 552Member

@Wayne Bartlett, breaking a streak doesn't cost you points; participating in an event and failing to meet your forecast (streak or not), will cost you points. Paraphrasing a Wendy's commercial -- "Points is points." You won't be losing "referral points", you'll be losing points.

• Wayne BartlettWayne Bartlett Posts: 6Member

Thank you for your answers. I received 2000 points two days ago from a referral and this morning I found that my Ohmconnect and SDG&E utility account was disconnected, streak was gone and and most of my points were gone as well. Hoping everything comes back. Waiting to hear from an Ohmconnect rep.