Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Can I add my Chevy Volt as it’s hybrid?

Are hybrid electric vehicles allowed ?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,339Member, Moderator

@atulbitsgm said:
    Are hybrid electric vehicles allowed ?

It's not supported...If it's not a "chargepoint", Leaf or Tesla you're out of luck.

• c1courtneyc1courtney El Dorado Hills, CAPosts: 35Member

I'd assume having a Chargepoint Home charger is sufficient enough. So a Chevy Volt which is a plug-in Hybrid would still be eligible, you just need a Chargepoint Home charger - Right?

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,339Member, Moderator
    > @c1courtney said:
    > I'd assume having a Chargepoint Home charger is sufficient enough. So a Chevy Volt which is a plug-in Hybrid would still be eligible, you just need a Chargepoint Home charger - Right?

I wouldn't rush out and get one as you might have difficulty connecting it. They'll probably give you the points though.
  • c1courtneyc1courtney El Dorado Hills, CAPosts: 35Member

Nah, I'm not rushing out to buy one, I was browsing the forum. I saw your post today on Solarpanelforum (I'm TAZ427) and I decided to join up on OC, first I had heard about it. I wish I could have PM'd you on Solarpanelforum, so I could have used you as a refer, but they get a bit touchy over there if you ask/provide such things in a thread. I just wanted to confirm if someone was going Plug-In whether EV or Hybrid, and assuming any issues communicating with Chargepoint Home charger has been dealt with, then it's valid. I only saw Tesla and Chargepoint Home under the EV category FWIW (nothing Leaf specific.) I'm probably a few years away from EV. I'm not replacing my SUV until it's toast or at least a decent EV SUV (whether plug in Hybrid w/ 50mi+ battery or full EV) comes out that I like. I love Tesla S, 3 and roadster design, but the X just looks like crap. The Audi eTron looks nice, the Buick Concept EV SUV had me drooling but they said they have 0 intrest in actually making it. Anyway, when that happens, I'll definitely getting a smart charger.