Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Mega #OhmHour

What does Mega #OhmHour mean?

Best Answer

Answers

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member
    edited March 2018

There's nothing on my Settings page, so does this Mega-OhmHour program still exist? The wiki is dated March 28, 2017.

• lepohmlepohm Posts: 14Member

Still exist; my ohm buddy received an email (I did not?) for a mega ohm event this Friday (3/23) @5PM.

OhmHour on Friday 3/23 @ 5PM will payout 5x more than normal!

Mark your calendar! This is a big event.

Here's a pro-tip: by shifting your normal energy use to 5 - 6PM this Monday - Thursday, you can also give yourself more wiggle room on your forecast. Here are some ideas on how to help give your forecast some cushioning:

TV time! Get your Netflix fix in early...we recommend Black Mirror or the Crown.
    Run your laundry or dish washer a little earlier than usual.
    Get a head start on cooking dinner and don't be afraid to zap those veggies in the microwave!

• Baba GheBaba Ghe Posts: 16Member
    Does anyone see the mega Ohmhour option in the settings page? I remember seeing it there. But not any longer. I received the message from OC about mega Ohmhour on Tuesday 3/20. But I didn't really get the notification and looks like the mega Ohmhour never happened. I saw exact message, but instead of 3/23 I had 3/20

Maybe it depends what area you live in and how great the need is. @lepohm I'm in zip code 93035. Is that anywhere near you? I don't have an option for Mega-OhmHour on my settings, either.

• lepohmlepohm Posts: 14Member

@No Pain No Gain my ohm buddy w/ the mega ohm event lives in 92129; i live in 92037 about 15 miles from 92129 and did not receive a mega ohm event. However I have a normal ohm hour today 3/22 @7PM..

@lepohm Are you registered to receive Mega-OhmHours? If you are, then maybe they are random and not given to everyone who is registered because they pay 5x more. When you get the results of the 7pm OhmHour, would you mind posting your Buddy's results? I'm really curious how many points someone can get with a MegaOH. My Buddy and I had a 6pm OH tonight, but we don't have the option to register for a MegaOH. We're jealous! haha

• Baba GheBaba Ghe Posts: 16Member
    This is what I learned from Scott from ohmconnect. "now everyone is included in Mega #OhmHours for their area when they come around."
  • vetidoravetidora Posts: 78Member
    I just had a mega ohm hour on the 23rd I earned 6031 points for it.

@vetidora Your Mega-OhmHour was today and you already got your results? Who's your electric company? SCE takes a while to share data. We still haven't gotten our results from yesterday. Great job!

• subliminsublimin Posts: 14Member
    And what was your forecast to earn so much!!!
    @No Pain No Gain sorry had my date wrong it was the 16th I've been sick so a little confused on what day is what.
    @sublimin my forecast was 1.486 kwh

@vetidora Sorry you've been sick. That payoff must've made you feel much better, though! How exciting!

edited March 2018

@Baba Ghe said:
    This is what I learned from Scott from ohmconnect. "now everyone is included in Mega #OhmHours for their area when they come around."

@[email protected] I looked in the FAQs for Mega OhmHours, but there wasn't anything. Could you please give some information on how this works? I read on a March 2017 wiki that I need to sign up for it in the Settings and there's a 500 point deposit that OhmConnect will hold in case I go over my forecast. I don't see anything in Settings about Mega OhmHours. Could you post a screenshot of what the sign-up looks like?

Let us know if there's a way to opt out of Mega OhmHours that we're all included in. Some people have to prepare for an OhmHour event, so to be given 30 minutes notice is not enough. They're going to have their streak broken and lose a lot of points, too. The March 2017 wiki says notice will be given from "over a day to 30 minutes before the event". There's a lot at stake, so it's important to know. :wink:

This is the link I got my info from. @snetphilie posted at the beginning of this thread. First I'd heard of it and I've been with OC since last June. https://www.ohmconnect.com/wiki/mega-ohmhours

• subliminsublimin Posts: 14Member

My mega paid me 568 points. Forecast .35. Use .03. Grumble. Oc made it sound like it would be a lot more. I lost more money by not getting any other ohm hours for those 2 weeks or so. Grumble. I hope i dont get another one.

• Erik B. AndersonErik B. Anderson Posts: 6Member
    edited March 2018

I turned all my breakers off except one for the mega ohm hour. Never did that before, and it still went over my forecast. How is this possible? Is the loss 5x greater than normal now? This is some BS right here y'all.

@sublimin Did you get the notification ahead of time what the reward was going to be? (See screenshot below) I don't understand what you said about not getting other OhmHours. Did you trade two weeks of OhmHours for one Mega-OhmHour? There's no information and I'm reading some very strange things regarding the Megas. :neutral:

@Erik B. Anderson The wiki posted by @snetphilie at the top of the thread says a possible 25x. What was your forecast and actual use? You must've had a very low forecast to go over after flipping your breakers (except one). Out of curiosity, which one did you leave on? I find I never go over my forecast as long as my fridges are turned off.

The screenshot with the two broken links is the way it shows up for me. Does anyone have the missing information?

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 77Member

@No Pain No Gain this is what I was emailed regarding the MegaOH I had tonight. I had about 2.5 days prior notice, plenty of time.

@Nlindsay Hey, thanks for posting that! Seems easy enough to do. I hope I get one soon!

@No Pain No Gain My forecast wasn't real high but I shut off nearly all my breakers. I'm going stir crazy cuz my data showed up on sdg&e this afternoon and my usage was 0.045kwh so that means I saved 95% I just can't wait to see what my payout will be! :D

$16.22 ain't bad B) But it does make me jealous of @vetidora and will probably make me try harder to boost my forecast next time I get a #MegaOhmHour!
    Here's the email, my dashboard and points data from my .csv all just for you @No Pain No Gain ;) Hopefully you'll get a MegaOH soon too!

@Nlindsay Fantastic! Boosting your forecast by using energy at the times you normally get OhmHours is great for any OhmHour, but especially a Mega! Congrats! :+1:

@Nlindsay try flipping your main breaker that's what I did I'm waiting on another mega ohm to total out for the 27th

@vetidora I did flip the breakers on everything but a backyard light I left on for my dog while we went to dinner. The amount of energy I saved wasn't the reason for only making $16, I saved 95%. To make more money I need to boost my forecast higher. I could have done laundry and vacuumed and ran the A/C from 7-8 the day before the MegaOH to raise my forecast buuuut I was lazy instead lol..
    @vetidora, you had a second MegaOH on the 27th? I'm intrested to see your numbers since mine was the same day.

@Nlindsay didn't get as much as I expected I got 2275

@vetidora , those 6000+ Megas would be easy to get used to, right? I noticed when @Nlindsay posted her Mega notification, it said it was paying out 10x for savings over 50%. vetidora, did your two Megas pay out different amounts? The wiki said it could pay up to 25x the normal amount. Also, could one of you show me where you went to sign up? I keep looking and I'm going crazy trying to sign up for this. Did OhmConnect keep 500 points before sending you MegaOH notifications? Thanks for the help. B) :+1:

@No Pain No Gain yes both megas paid different amounts my first one paid 5x if I saved 60% and this one was 5x if I saved 40%. As for signing up for the mega ohms I never did I got an email about the first one and that's how I learned about them.

@vetidora Thanks for the info. I just took a survey and think OC is trying out several different ways to get people to save more. They seem to target people who saved lower amounts rather than the ones who save 80-90% every OhmHour. It seems to be working!

@Kolchak said:
    @No Pain No Gain How did you do with your Mega OhmHour? Did they boost your baseline average for the hour? I'm curious how much of a boost it is.

I'm curious too :#

• felicheeksfelicheeks HaywardPosts: 3Member
    My whole family is in on this "flipping the breaker off and saving" but where can I find and adjust MY Ohm hours? How do I report when we're doing it?