Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Mega #OhmHour

Answers

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 242Member

@felicheeks - you can adjust your participation of OhmHours in your "Account" (on the new dashboard) or "Settings" (in the old dashboard) where you can add a picture of yourself and adjust other settings. Scroll to the very bottom, and you'll see something like this:

• felicheeksfelicheeks HaywardPosts: 3Member
    Thank you!
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@felicheeks, please don't post the same question in multiple threads.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member
    edited April 2018

@Kolchak said:
    @No Pain No Gain How did you do with your Mega OhmHour? Did they boost your baseline average for the hour? I'm curious how much of a boost it is.

@Nlindsay @UkiwiS @CKWM
    My MegaOhmHour on 4/18/18 was not like the ones I've read about. Mine was a straight 500 point reward for matching my lowest ever usage, which was 0.01 kWh. I was unable to flip my circuit breakers because my son was working from home. It turned into a regular OhmHour - no penalty of any sort, but I missed the whopping 500 points. B)
    If there would've been the opportunity to cash in on some points like others have made on MegaOhmHours, I would've asked my son to take a break for an hour.
    THIS is the kind of MegaOhmHour I was hoping to get....

@vetidora said:
    my first one paid 5x if I saved 60% and this one was 5x if I saved 40%.

The info on the new Dashboard says this:
    Here’s what you need to know:
    --All Mega #OhmHours will be clearly indicated in advanced notifications and on your dashboard (There was no indicator, before or after, on my Dashboard that the OH was a "Mega")

This is what I received 2 days before the "MegaOhmHour":

Earn $5 By Meeting Your Previous Lowest Energy Usage (Sounds like the "flip your circuits" challenge, right?)

We know that you work hard to use as little energy as possible during your #OhmHours. And so we want to reward that hard work with $5! We've looked back at all the #OhmHours you've had in the last 60 days, and found that on 3/2 you consumed a minuscule 0.01 kWh. That was your lowest energy usage during that stretch of time! For your next MEGA #OhmHour, if you can do that again we'll give you 500 points. You'll earn the 500 points no matter if your baseline is low or high -- all that you need to do to earn the bonus points is make sure your total energy use during the #OhmHour matches (or beats!) your previous best!

@vetidora, are you typically able to save more than 40% or 60% for each OhmHour - prior to the Mega OhmHour?

I wonder if there's a tiered system of how they plan to incentivize each of us to participate. I typically save over 90% during OhmHours, so I bet I may get the same deal as @No Pain No Gain. I would be pleasantly surprised if I didn't.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 93Member

@No Pain No Gain well that's defiantly different for a MegaOH... it sucks u weren't able to cash in on that 500pts but at least it reverts to a normal OH and doesn't carry the possibility of "incuring a higher penalty level" if u happen to go over your forecast.

It will be interesting to see what new incentives they roll out and who gets to try them out first. :o@CKWM might be on to something regarding the tiered system, my current average savings is only at 58%

• KolchakKolchak FresnoPosts: 41Member

@No Pain No Gain Thanks for sharing your recent Mega experience. That sounds more like a Semi-Mega :wink: rather than the Mega we all read about. My current average is 86% so I'm not sure what to expect for me.
    Since I started here in late January I was curious what my summer baseline will look like so I looked up my PG&E history from last year May thru August and my baseline will be considerably higher than it has been the past few months. So I'll be looking forward to those summer OhmHour and MegaOhmHour challenges.

• BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 84Member

For those who have solar, an early ohm hour at 5 or 6pm will often result in a negative usage. So if the mega OH is at 7 or 8, how would it ever be possible to match that?

• BstringBstring North SD County CoastalPosts: 84Member

Has anyone received a Mega Ohm Hour with a target greater than 2 kwh?

Similar to @Bstring's question, has anyone tried activating a Baseline Boost to 5kWh to see if it further amplifies the benefits of a Mega #OhmHour?

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 95Administrator

Hello, love seeing all the buzz related to MEGA #OhmHours. We are testing a number of different constructs, including the targets that need to be met for accessing bonus rewards and the reward types. Except in cases where the base points number is being adjusted, we don't expect to have a "negative amplifier" for missing MEGA targets. we will not exclude users based on size of baseline. these are most likely to occur between 5 and 9 PM so adjusting settings to include these times will help.

• Jerry_wJerry_w Posts: 1Member
    Just got my email for passing my mega ohmhour, but I didn’t get the 2000 points ($20) as mentioned in the email. Who do i reach out to about this?

@Jerry_w Under the HELP tab you can let them know what happened through the CONTACT SUPPORT section. They can look into it. I don't think they are around on weekends but they can help.

@Kolchak said:
    @Jerry_w Under the HELP tab you can let them know what happened through the CONTACT SUPPORT section. They can look into it. I don't think they are around on weekends but they can help.

Here's a visual if you need it:

• crystinamoracrystinamora Posts: 2Member
    edited May 2018
    Help please to understand this ?
    Email Reduce 75% and I got a 0.00 used 🙌 so why I just got a 93 points 🤔 I’m so confused
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@crystinamora
    It looks like you met the criteria so you should contact support for further assistance and resolution.

@crystinamora Any updates on this? Has your dashboard been updated? There's a note at the bottom of the detail page showing that point values can change if they get new data from your utility...

Totally off topic but this is a good example of how valuable it is to maintain your streak. 419 of my 601 total points came from the streak bonus...that's 70% of them!

• crystinamoracrystinamora Posts: 2Member
    @UkiwiS yeah my dashboard is updated and everything is different I don’t understand a lot of things :/ but this is what they told me
    So I’m going to wait! Thanks:)
    edited May 2018

@CKWM said:
    @vetidora, are you typically able to save more than 40% or 60% for each OhmHour - prior to the Mega OhmHour?

I wonder if there's a tiered system of how they plan to incentivize each of us to participate. I typically save over 90% during OhmHours, so I bet I may get the same deal as @No Pain No Gain. I would be pleasantly surprised if I didn't.

Yup, I think there's a tiered reward system. Here's my 500 point deal below. 0.017 is the lowest I've ever gone. They're challenging me to go lower.

Has anyone ever experienced and earned this type of reward for a Mega OhmHour?

If so, where do the points end up and are they displayed in the download file?
    Which column are they put into?
    screenshot?

• Philip ChildsPhilip Childs Posts: 28Member
    I have to go -1.39 to get the $5. LoL negative at 8:00 pm. Ohmconnect get a brain.

@Philip Childs, here's a quote from Claudia who works at OhmConnect in case you didn't see her post in a different thread with solar users complaining about negative goals in order to meet the MEGA OhmHour:

@Claudia said on May 16, 2018:
    hello team! we are testing new MEGA constructs which have goals linked to the lowest usage of each individual user in the last month. we recognize that generated an exceptionally aggressive target for solar users as it considered all hours... which is a nice indicator of what a regular home is capable of, but is not realistic for solar.

for this #OhmHour you will be awarded the MEGA bonus if your usage with 0. we won't be able to fix the notification though. we will have correct targets for future MEGA #OhmHours.

• darkwater2darkwater2 Posts: 13Member

if i turn off my ele and my buddy don't will it effect my points

• Kimberly McDermottKimberly McDermott Posts: 82Member
    Finally got my 2nd Mega Ohm my 1st one had issues with email and text so not sure but I did get the $10 bonus...this wanted a supper low usage like 90% reduction so since our home is oldee we spent the afternoon unplugging things lol feel like a kid waiting to see if I get a prize lol
    @ca-lockhart

It will only affect your buddy points. If you both reduce, you would both get points equal to the average reduction you achieve together. So 68% average reduction = 68 points. If your buddy does not reduce but you do, then neither of you get the buddy points. All other points you would get for the #Ohmhour remain unaffected.

@CKWM I wonder what happens if you manage to get below your 0.017 lowest target by flipping breakers and getting a 0.0 result, and what does that mean for your next MEGA Ohm challenge? How can we top a 0.0 result? I'm a low energy user and currently have been averaging a savings of 88%, so I'm wondering if I'll be challenged to save more than 90% or beat my lowest total.

I'm still hoping they create another tier for those that regularly save over 60% and 80%.

@Kolchak, that's a good question for anyone who's experienced more than 1 MEGA Ohm Challenge... this was my first.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

Still waiting for my first Mega OH....my buddy had one last week and collected a bonus.

I'm no longer flipping my breakers off because of the Mega OH goals. If they take the lowest use during the last month, I'll be able to beat that forecast by turning off the usual plugs PLUS one extra. I haven't been home the last 2 Mega OhmHours, so I lost out because of the one time I flipped my breakers during a regular OH. #TwoCanPlayThisGame :wink: