Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Mega #OhmHour

124»

Answers

• frankhacfrankhac Sunnyvale, CAPosts: 49Member

I think one of the problem is that PGE doesn't have the capability to break out the actual usage vs energy generated from solar on an hourly basis. In Sunnyvale, there was a free program that will analyze your electrical usage hourly to see which appliances use the most energy.

I have solar and was told I could not participate because they could not determine my electrical usage hourly. In the PGE bill, I do see on a monthly basis my usage and generation but apparently, they can't break it down hourly This means that PGE only knows our net electrical usage. If my net usage goes down, PGE can't tell if it's because cloud cover resulted in me generating less energy or I actually use less energy.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

@frankhac, I haven't looked lately but when I went into my online PGE account I was able to see hour by hour usage. I had an issue with OC about 2 months ago and I was able to capture my results from PGE to prove my usage during that hour. I think the physical bill only shows limited info.

@jserramc, When look at my online PGE account, I can see the hourly net usage not actual usage. Since I have solar, I can see that during the middle of the day, the bars are green or usage as negative. When the sun goes down the bars are blue and usage is positive. It's labeled as "Energy Use" but I believe it's net usage. I'm pretty sure they are net usage because depending if I use energy an hour or two before sunset, the values can be negative or positive.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@frankhac said:
    If my net usage goes down, PGE can't tell if it's because cloud cover resulted in me generating less energy or I actually use less energy.

I think you meant to say "If my net usage goes up, PGE can't tell if it's because cloud cover resulted in me generating less energy, or I actually used more energy." I know what you mean, but a non-solar user might find it difficult to follow.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 62Member

Maybe a little off topic, but I feel like I'm the only one that hasn't had a mega ohmhour yet, even though my buddy has had 4-5 in the last month (we used to get Ohmhours on the same day at the same time, but not any more).

I have set the max ohmhours per week and opted to receive ohmhours at any time of the day / night.

so I've got a TWO hour mega ohm event tomorrow night from 7-9 PM. I'll generate power unless the weather really turns foul that first hour. My mega goal is zero. So if I turn off everything AND generate power and my figure is below zero, do I qualify? Common sense says yes but there were issues last week with people going below zero and not qualifying.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    edited June 2018
    @jserramc If your "usage" is <= 0 you qualify.

If the "issues" remain you would contact support and get it fixed asap and qualify before Sunday's draw.

It's odd that some of the bars that they reflect your saving or usage, when it goes to or below zero, the bar might be about the same size as your forecast while just using a small amount will show the bar reflected much more dramatically.

maybe it's where we live but I have not gotten any mega ohm hour yet either. I'm with PGE in Sunnyvale

did you get tonite's two hour event? 7-9 PM.

• jazzybr1988jazzybr1988 Posts: 1Member
    > @jserramc said:
    > did you get tonite's two hour event? 7-9 PM.

I got the 2 hour event. I thought it might be a typo but I guess it's 2 hours. Going to be tough
  • Kimberly McDermottKimberly McDermott Posts: 82Member
    Yeppers...30mins left..we can do it