Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

SCE Refused to honor Nest $125 Rebate because I'm using ohmconnect

It seems that Southern Calironia Edison (SCE) will not honor rebates if we are registered with ohmconnect. They say we get rebates from you folks at a possible $60 per calendar year for using the NEST with ohm. Is this true? Under what circumstances do we get rebates from you folks? They couldn't point me to anywhere where they have this policy written. They also seemed to think NEST works with them to honor rebates from customers, but NEST said they have nothing to do with SCE directly. Seems like SCE doesn't know what they're talking about.

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,339Member, Moderator
    If you got it from SCE, there's probably some fine print that says you need to be on SCE's Demand Response program. SDGE has those conditions too. Seems reasonable, no?
  • blytherowanblytherowan Posts: 2Member

I didn't get the NEST from SCE. I purchased it myself. We were already ohm members, but were told that buying a NEST gets you a $125 rebate from SCE. SCE confirmed this, but again, said they wouldn't honor it because we are signed up with ohm. They didn't say anything about any fine print, admitted they couldn't point me to any documentation and didn't say anything about other qualifications. So no, none of it seems reasonable. It seems like they don't want to honor the rebate.

The SCE people didn't say anything that made any sense. I was on the phone for 20 minutes with them trying to sort out how rebates even get processed. It was like being in the twilight zone. They claimed they work with NEST and that when I register the NEST, they are sent something from them and not me. Nest refuted all of this and said they don't work with SCE at all and I'm their customer, not SCE. None of it makes sense...

Sorry, i misunderstood your original post.
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 527Member

@blytherowan, submit a formal complaint with CPUC.

edited April 15

@blytherowan said:
    I didn't get the NEST from SCE. I purchased it myself. We were already ohm members, but were told that buying a NEST gets you a $125 rebate from SCE. SCE confirmed this, but again, said they wouldn't honor it because we are signed up with ohm. They didn't say anything about any fine print, admitted they couldn't point me to any documentation and didn't say anything about other qualifications. So no, none of it seems reasonable. It seems like they don't want to honor the rebate.

The SCE people didn't say anything that made any sense. I was on the phone for 20 minutes with them trying to sort out how rebates even get processed. It was like being in the twilight zone. They claimed they work with NEST and that when I register the NEST, they are sent something from them and not me. Nest refuted all of this and said they don't work with SCE at all and I'm their customer, not SCE. None of it makes sense...

It sounds like you are talking about this program?
    https://nest.com/energy-partners/southern-california-edison/

I see no mention of OhmConnect but there is mention of "Rush Hour Rewards" which appears to be SCE's Demand Response Program.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 122Member

The program that will give you bill credits referenced above required you to sign up for Rush Hour Rewards....which is a competing program with Ohm Connect. You cannot participate in both programs.

• darkwater2darkwater2 Posts: 14Member

some one told me to join rush. but now it no thank @ SD Chip