Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I moved, how can i change my address?

I moved, how can i change my address?

It does not allow me to 'contact support', the link is not working, however it restricts me from changing it myself (the button is greyed out).

Answers

• vikrant-pcvikrant-pc Posts: 1Member

I need help with this too.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 227Member

Have you chatted with someone directly from OhmConnect through the "Help" Tab's "Support" section Instant Messaging Window? It may take them a while to get back to you (3 days at the most), but as long as you're persistent about telling them what's going on, my experience has been is that they've been pretty helpful at finding a resolution.

Hope that helps.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 60Member
    edited April 2018

Since nobody has responded here with an answer and I'm currently going through this myself, I'll share what I've learned so far from @[email protected] :

1. Once you tell them you're moving, they'll disconnect your utility and you'll get an email stating "We've been informed by your utility that the service account linked to your OhmConnect profile has been closed.". In my case it was before I even transferred my utility because the official move-in date was still a week away (not appreciated, especially when I have pending results and an OhmHour tonight).
    2. Your streak will be reset and your status will be set to Bronze. I was told regulations require these to be reset upon an address change, but I'm skeptical since those extra bonuses are specific to OhmConnect. I get that they need a window for establishing a forecast at the new address, but to me that just translates to "it's too difficult for us to track streaks and status during a change of address, so we're just going reset them". Unfortunate to say the least...bye bye 52 streak w/ 96% savings.
    3. Once your new utility has been connected, they need two weeks in order to calculate your forecast for the new address. OhmHours that occur during that time will forever be TBD.

Considering the consequences of the move (streak and status reset), I'm a little surprised this isn't in the FAQ.

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 95Administrator

@DarrenT , thanks for posting this. great suggestion on adding this to the FAQs, we will do so. the process actually just changed recently. our streak system is tied to smart meter the data is coming from and the calculation is pretty hard to change. it is in our product backlog but as it something that will impact the average user roughly once in ten years, it has not hit the top of our priority queue.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 60Member
    edited April 2018

@Claudia Is there also a point penalty for disconnecting? I waited until my results for my Thursday and Friday OhmHours to come in before I cashed out and disconnected my utility since I'll be moving next weekend. I checked just now and it says I have -725 points. I can't see where that came from since the dashboard also no longer has my points history.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 227Member

For future reference, I'm gonna put this picture here from the Account's tab to help others who wander onto this thread: