Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

"Estimated Power usage..."

npetignpetig Posts: 2Member

So, I had a power outage for 4 hours one night, and one of those hours happened to be during an OHM. Turns out I used more energy than usual that hour. Checked with my PGE account via the "by minute" thing, and turns out PGE "estimates power usage" during outages. WTF. We essentially still get charged to use electricity even when we don't have any? and of course, I lose points on OHM for it because it's not like they go back and update possible changed usage numbers. Anyone else notice this happen to them?

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,599Member, Moderator

@npetig said:
    So, I had a power outage for 4 hours one night, and one of those hours happened to be during an OHM. Turns out I used more energy than usual that hour. Checked with my PGE account via the "by minute" thing, and turns out PGE "estimates power usage" during outages. WTF. We essentially still get charged to use electricity even when we don't have any? and of course, I lose points on OHM for it because it's not like they go back and update possible changed usage numbers. Anyone else notice this happen to them?

OC uses the data provided to them by your utility. My understanding is that when your utility corrects the data, OC will refresh it in your account and update it so eventually it will come right on your dashboard, does that make sense? I believe that if the data correction takes more than 14 days, then manual intervention is required and you will need to contact OC directly to get it fixed.
    https://faq.ohmconnect.com/participating-in-ohmhours/why-did-my-points-change-for-a-past-event