Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Will additional products be added to the OC Store?

I love the idea of using the money I earn by saving power to buy more energy friendly products for my home, but I have the thermostat, and have very few things to plug in... Will the OC Store offer things like Smart light bulbs and switches? Thank you for making my home and my family energy smarter!

Answers

• Anh, OhmConnectAnh, OhmConnect Posts: 243Member, Administrator, Moderator

Those are some good ideas! My name is Anh and I'm new to the OhmConnect support. I will address this to my team, get their thoughts, and get back to you with any updates. Thank you for your support and making your home a greener place!

• taylorlightfoottaylorlightfoot Posts: 2Member
    edited June 23

Hi Anh, can your team consider adding the MoLEKULE air purifier to your list of compatible devices? The air purifier is wifi connected and one can shut it off using the MoLEKULE app, so it would be great if ohm connect could do this automatically. I cannot use a smart outlet for this use case, because if the MoLEKULE loses power, it will not come back on until the room size has been set again on the device. Turning the air purifier off in software, however, results in the air filter remembering the room size when turned back on via software.

• Scott RaderScott Rader Posts: 6Member

I posted this elsewhere and got no response, Can anyone answer? So my question is in regards to the WiFi or smart thermostats, can I use any brand and connect it to OhmConnect? Or can I only use the brands you guys sell? There are a lot of lower cost options available (Kono looks nice for instance) that aren’t the big boys, and frankly these things are all quite pricey still, especially when newer homes have numerous zones to replace.
    Thanks for the feedback!

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,404Member, Moderator

@Scott Rader

I don't work for OhmConnect but it's my opinion they have bigger fish to fry right now so don't expect anything anytime soon. I've been here almost 2 years and still cannot connect my EV charger. Even with the "supported" TPLink devices we are seeing reliability issues where for whatever reason they operate inconsistently. Sometimes they work, other times they do not. I think your best bet would be to go it alone and get devices that can be integrated with IFTTT and program them to turn off and on whenever there's an #OhmHour. Of course you won't benefit from the tokens but at least you'll be automating device shutoff.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 552Member

@Scott Rader, when OC controls a thermostat, they merely turn off and on the heating and cooling functionality; the thermostat itself continues to use power. Most people can achieve even better savings with a simple smartplug. If your forced-air furnace is plugged into a regular 120V outlet, a smartplug on that outlet will not only prevent heating and cooling, but it will also shut off power to the thermostat which normally comes from a 24V transformer on the furnace. And it does this at about 1/10 the price of the thermostats.