Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

OhmConnect Facebook Advertised Capabilities

CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 239Member

I actually watched the banner video of how they describe OhmConnect on their Facebook page. Very accurate, except for these 2 screen shots below.

Here's where you can see it for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/ohmconnectenergy/?ref=br_rs

This section of the video says that OhmConnect analyzes your home energy usage: Which technically is true, but then to show a visual like this below that looks like it would be accessible by users. I've not been able to access an area of my account that looks like that.

This section of the video says that they can show us where our energy is coming from: This I have never seen before.

I mean these are not deal-breakers of whether or not I continue participating, but more like keeping a company accountable for the promises that it makes - especially if those new to OhmConnect listen to that video and hope to get what's said.

And I'll admit, maybe I'm not looking at the right place to access them on my account. Can anybody else see these things? If so, can you tell us where? If not, let's just pile on the comments of "I don't see it either".

Best Answer

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 239Member
    edited June 2018 Accepted Answer

Thanks for your answer Claudia on 5-15.

Answers

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited April 2018

The energy map used to be on the menu bar, but was removed . . . maybe a year ago? I believe OC indicated a new improved map was in the offing.

Edit: See https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/comment/8372#Comment_8372

Thanks @John K for connecting me to that previous comment. Did you or anyone else see anything about the "Household Analysis" tab?

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@CKWM, the only place I can find it mentioned is in section 5 of OhmConnect's Terms of Use: https://www.ohmconnect.com/wiki/terms . Since the picture shows a link on the menu bar to an Energy Map, I'm guessing this was something from the past. Although at first glance it appears to be showing current usage, perhaps by specific appliances, the bar at the bottom implies that it is merely showing historical usage over given time periods.

Note that the screen is for Arthur Dent, a fictional character from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; maybe the screen is fictional as well. The other link on the menu bar for "Commity" is just strange.

@John K, right now it seems like these 2 elements I'm pointing out on the video promotion that OhmConnect controls and wants people to see on the OhmConnect Facebook are pretty fictional as well.

It's more about honesty than anything else.

Would others agree or disagree?

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 95Administrator

hey guys! the video is a bit dated and includes some of our original pages we have since replaced... great catch, we will replace the video on facebook.

we have map in beta and are working on some new functionality related to usage of various appliances... stay tuned!