Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I haven't had an Ohmhour since February...is something wrong?

I don't think I've opted out. I don't remember doing anything. I just stopped getting Ohmhours. Any idea whats going on?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,616Member, Moderator
    edited April 2018

@chasebc127 said:
    I don't think I've opted out. I don't remember doing anything. I just stopped getting Ohmhours. Any idea whats going on?

It could be a couple of things. Firstly, if the grid in your location is very stable perhaps you've had none. Others will be experiencing the same issue if they are in the same area....what's your ZIP?

Secondly, check your availability settings. From your dashboard click the drop down next to your icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select account...Scroll to the bottom of the page. Does your availability look similar to this?

With the above settings I've had 9 since Feb. I'm in ZIP 92101.

3/1/2018
    3/6/2018
    3/20/2018
    3/30/2018
    4/2/2018
    4/8/2018
    4/17/2018
    4/19/2018
    4/23/2018

• SrelazSrelaz FullertonPosts: 123Member

Dang, I want every Ohmhour I can get! My accountant looked at me funny and had to ask what Ohmconnect was.

• @chasebc127 if your availability isn't open like these users up here, you might not get an OhmHour. make sure you have OhmHour Notifications "on" and sent to either through text or email. when you get notified, you will automatically be entered in to participate in an OhmHour.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 243Member

Just curious @chasebc127, do you typically meet your OhmHour forecasts? If not, how often do you miss and what % do you typically save when you do meet your forecast?

• thetellesfthetellesf Posts: 12Member
    My ohm hours have tapered off to which is odd because now the outside temps are heating up. When it was much cooler, we were having several ohm hours. Doesn't make sense that we would have numerous ohm hours during cooler weather and hardley any during extreme heat conditions. I am set to receive all ohm hour notifications.
    Just curious @thetellesf, do you typically meet your OhmHour forecasts? If not, how often do you miss and what % do you typically save when you do meet your forecast?
  • thetellesfthetellesf Posts: 12Member
    CKWM...we always beat our forecast. Our usage during an ohm hour is always .07 and is always well under our forecast without shutting the circuit breakers off. I just find it odd that we had numerous ohm hours when the weather was cooler and now that the weather is much hotter, they're very seldom. You would think it would be the other way around. I've contacted ohmconnect twice about this. The first time, I was told that it is odd and to give it a week. Sure enough, I had an ohm hour the next day. The second time I contacted them, a different person said that we may not be called at all for an ohm hour. Maybe I missed something but when I read the faq about ohm hours, it said they're at least once a week. I don't remember seeing anything that said we may not get an ohm hour at all. Something isn't right.

Hmmm... good points. @anguye42, can you help to address @thetellesf's accounting of what's happened?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2018

@thetellesf @ckwm we have no control of when #OhmHours occur; even when it occur during times that we think it would be more logical at a different time. when the grid needs our assistance, we let users know of the time.