Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Spins are a joke

I have 1800+ tokens and have spent about 800 so far and all I've gotten are 6 aviator sunnies, 9 no dirty power, 11 Wind, 2 piggy bank and 1 battery power. Seems you guys made sunnies, wind, and dirty power heavily favored for each spin. Ridiculous?

Answers

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

I agree. Save up your tokens for something more useful, like a Streak Shield card, or a Baseline Boost!!

• sai-upadhyasai-upadhya Posts: 1Member

Horrible. Almost impossible to complete a set

• djluna510gdjluna510g Posts: 1Member
    I wonder if anyone has ever won the cash? At least a small gift card or some other incentive would give me more incentive to share & promote the program. Is anyone from the company reading this feedback?
  • SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

@edelmanj You proved my point.....save your tokens for something useful like a streak shield or baseline boost.
    A baseline boost during a mega Ohm Hour could bring in some big $$$.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 241Member

@edelmanj said:
    I just burned through over 5000 tokens and did 193 spins. Here's the breakdown of what I got:

83 Wind turbines (15% discount)
    51 Aviator sunnies (Sunglasses)
    35 Dirty power (15% discount)
    8 Battery power (Tesla lease for month)
    5 Old school sunnies (Sunglasses)
    5 Energy piggy bank ($200 cash)
    3 Put on a sweater (Thermostat)
    2 Keys to vault ($200 cash)
    1 Take a walk (Thermostat)

I got 0 of the following:
    No Tv, Candlelit dinner, Unplug computer (Smarthome makeover)
    Stunner shades (Sunglasses)
    Cool drink (Thermostat)
    Solar (15% discount)
    Big money ($200 cash)
    Eco mode, No smog (Tesla lease for month)

It seems pretty obvious that tokens are weighted (duh) but also pretty obvious that they really really don't want you to win anything. Not really sure what else you'd use tokens for, as the other options are pretty lame, but this spin-to-win is pretty... unfair, to say the least. It's like playing McDonalds Monopoly, but you don't actually know if anyone can win because they may not be legally bound to allow winners.

@edelmanj - As someone who's never done these spins, when you compare this to McDonald's Monopoly, does this mean that the redemption of prize items ($200 cash, Sunglasses, 15% discount, Tesla lease, Thermostat) require you to collect all items of that prize item?

And you listed the ones you're missing for each?

So ulitimately, you weren't able to earn any prize at all?

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 334Member

I earned $20 cash or gift cards from the latest Monopoly with Safeway (not McD's) (not to mention 75 free gravy mix which I donated, 15 aspirin, 50 donuts...etc). As for OC, I was spinning almost anytime I had enough tokens and only earned a 15% off the store or something else like that I would not use. I stopped spinning and saved and got a Mulligan streak thing but I probably should have waited until I had enough points for a streak shield. That's my next goal...

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member
    edited June 2018

@edelmanj (Are you J̶u̶l̶i̶u̶s̶ Julian? :D ) 5000 tokens? You were getting close to a Streak Shield and were half way to a Baseline Boost! As @SD Chip pointed out, the Baseline Boost is a sure thing to get a large reward for an OhmHour. It takes a while to save up, but at least you know you'll actually get something. With more ways to get tokens now, they are adding up a little faster.

No I am not Julius. But one way to get thousands of tokens is to post stuff to your buddy. In my case I'd be talking to myself since my buddy never responds but 5 tokens is 5 tokens...You could post several times a day. I'm sure OC has some kind of limit on this.

@jserramc - That question was for @edelmanj

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @edelmanj (Are you Julius? :D )

Are you perhaps thinking of "Julian"?

Bwahahaha! Yes! @John K :D

sorry, misread it. Hope you find Julius.

• edelmanjedelmanj Posts: 2Member

Update: I finally got a new one, Unplug Computer. But still no collection completions yet.

• corbinbocorbinbo Posts: 2Member
    edited July 2018

After many, many spins, I finally got a free thermostat, but the only one they are offering is the cheap Voyager one.

EDIT: Here are my token/spin totals and results as of 7/17/18

This is 758 spins or 22,740 tokens.

Smart Home Make Over

• No TV: 0
    • Candlelight Dinner: 0
    • Unplug Computer: 7

Sunglasses

• Stunner Shades: 0
    • Old School Sunglasses: 18
    • Aviators: 190

Thermostat (Winner Winner)

• Put on a Sweater: 10
    • Take a Walk: 1
    • Cool Drink: 3

15% Discount Code (Winner Winner)

• No Dirty Power: 139
    • Solar: 6
    • Wind: 321

Cash:

• Keys to the Vault: 5
    • Energy Piggy Bank: 28
    • Big Money: 0

Electric Car:

• Battery Power: 30
    • Eco Mode: 0
    • No Smog: 0

So If I'm going my math right.....
    ~42% of the time you'll get "wind"
    ~25% "Aviators"
    ~18% "No Dirty Power"
    ~14% for the few random collectibles that I have won.

We're down to ~1% for "No TV" "Candlelight Dinner" "Stunner Shades" "Big Money" "Eco Mode" and "No Smog"

FYI: You can earn up to 1,000 tokens every 24 hours by messaging your buddy. Use em'!

edited July 2018

@corbinbo I'd have to send my Buddy 200 messages to make 1000 tokens/day. :D He'd leave me! lmao
    But it's a good option for those who have Buddies that don't know they exist.

If you've got a buddy who is MIA it wouldn't matter but then everytime you want to see results on your box you'd have to scroll through a lot of messages...unless you could edit and delete...

@jserramc Any new messages from my Buddy are on top when I go to the Buddy page. Same for results that OC posts after an OH. Those are in a different color, anyway, so they'd be easy to find if I had to scroll.

I notice that too, just the idea of scrolling through up to 200 messages just to see what your last buddy points were...plus you are really talking to yourself. Send a message one word at a time.....

• corbinbocorbinbo Posts: 2Member

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @corbinbo I'd have to send my Buddy 200 messages to make 1000 tokens/day. :D He'd leave me! lmao
    But it's a good option for those who have Buddies that don't know they exist.

Yup, mine has never once responded, though I do occasionally apologize just in case he/she happens to log in finally ;)

Right after OC paired us up (I did not willingly ask for one, they just assigned me one) I got a message which might have been canned even though it was the buddy's supposed message. the one and only message.

@jserramc Did you keep that assigned Buddy? Are they meeting their goals so you can earn points and tokens? If not, kick 'em to the curb and ask for a new one! ;)

only one hour back in May was not earned. Some hours I don't have the same event but for all but one event we have both scored so for that part we are both on the same page even in silence. But since I won't be participating while on vacation, my buddy may kick me to the curb! If she even knows about how the program works...

edited July 2018

@jserramc I doubt if, for the length of a vacation, a Buddy would kick ya, but since the Buddy page is the only way to do that, how about leaving a note saying you've "Gone Fishin'" and you'll be back to energy saving in a bit. B)

I thought about it yesterday but have not acted. Plus it will be lengthy--several weeks

• Geoff KremerGeoff Kremer Posts: 2Member

How can you see what badges you've earned using "Spin and Win"?

• Geoff KremerGeoff Kremer Posts: 2Member
    edited July 2018

@Geoff Kremer said:
    How can you see what badges you've earned using "Spin and Win"?

I found the answer to my own question but I'm not sure how to find the link on ohmconnect https://login.ohmconnect.com/redeem.

• sanjanasanjana Posts: 1Member

@edelmanj said:
    I just burned through over 5000 tokens and did 193 spins. Here's the breakdown of what I got:

83 Wind turbines (15% discount)
    51 Aviator sunnies (Sunglasses)
    35 Dirty power (15% discount)
    8 Battery power (Tesla lease for month)
    5 Old school sunnies (Sunglasses)
    5 Energy piggy bank ($200 cash)
    3 Put on a sweater (Thermostat)
    2 Keys to vault ($200 cash)
    1 Take a walk (Thermostat)

I got 0 of the following:
    No Tv, Candlelit dinner, Unplug computer (Smarthome makeover)
    Stunner shades (Sunglasses)
    Cool drink (Thermostat)
    Solar (15% discount)
    Big money ($200 cash)
    Eco mode, No smog (Tesla lease for month)

It seems pretty obvious that tokens are weighted (duh) but also pretty obvious that they really really don't want you to win anything. Not really sure what else you'd use tokens for, as the other options are pretty lame, but this spin-to-win is pretty... unfair, to say the least. It's like playing McDonalds Monopoly, but you don't actually know if anyone can win because they may not be legally bound to allow winners.

I didn't have as many tokens as you had. But with the tokens I burnt got pretty much the same distribution

• aaronmichaelgrantaaronmichaelgrant Posts: 1Member

I am going through the same right now...total scam