Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I can’t connect my SDGE acct w/ my new address even though both my old & new address are authorized.

kcrenshaw1kcrenshaw1 Posts: 12Member
I can’t connect my SDGE acct w/ my new address even though both my old & new address are authorized. How do I “connect”? The Ohm support team hasn’t been able to help me.

Best Answer

Answers

• kcrenshaw1kcrenshaw1 Posts: 12Member

So I should create a brand new ohm account as well? Change my email address w/ both SDGE & Ohm?

And to answer your questions, Yes i'm talking about the connect page on the dashboard. I recently moved and tried to update my address w/ Ohm. I was connected at the old and now I wanted to be connected at the new address. When I entered in my new address, I authorized SDGE to release information to Ohm but when i try to "connect" so i can start earning points, I can't "connect". The "connect" or submit button isn't even there for me to click. There is no error message. All I can do is click "cancel" and go back to my dashboard where it tells me to "connect" to start earning points.

As far as what the help team has told me, basically nothing! I've sent screen shots to Scott and this was supposed to be escalated but no one follows up. Im the one doing all the follow up. It's not really a big deal but if I can't earn any points I don't want Ohm to have access to my SDGE account anymore.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,615Member, Moderator

@kcrenshaw1 said:
    So I should create a brand new ohm account as well? Change my email address w/ both SDGE & Ohm?

Sorry, I was only giving you something to try. To be completely honest I'm not even sure what the issue is. I'm not sure how an account be "authorized" and yet you cannot "connect" it? Are you getting an error message? Have you contacted OhmConnect support?

@Claudia Are you aware of this issue?

I have contacted the Help team, not sure if they're the same people, some lady named Ahn asked me to reach out to her but said I need to intercom her. I don't even know how to do that. I have an active trail in my help chat feature but nothing has been resolved. This has been going on for at least 2 weeks.

@kcrenshaw1 Our messages crossed. Try using a different browser and/or clearing your cache and cookies. Not sure what that'd do but give it a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No error messages

That didn't work but thanks for the suggestion. I think I just need to delete my whole account and set up a new one after awhile. It's just a shame that something such as changing an address is so complicated w/ this.

@kcrenshaw1 said:
    I have contacted the Help team, not sure if they're the same people, some lady named Ahn asked me to reach out to her but said I need to intercom her. I don't even know how to do that. I have an active trail in my help chat feature but nothing has been resolved. This has been going on for at least 2 weeks.

"Intercom" is the chat feature so if you've chatted you've been using it

This is what I see when I try to connect

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@kcrenshaw1 said:
    This is what I see when I try to connect

Can you get the "Authorize" button to show up by scrolling the Terms and Conditions to the bottom?

No, when I click the check mark to un-authorize it doesn’t work. I even deleted my SDGE accts but when I deactivated them I was “authorized” again but couldn’t connect.
  • SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 146Member

It looks like you have 2 authorized accounts according to SDG&E. What do you see on your OHM Connect account on this screen?

I recently removed one of the accounts since i'm no longer paying for the electricity at the old place. This is what I see on my account screen. I've contacted ohm and they're working on it but they've been working on it for over 2 weeks. It just seems ridiculous.

and btw, when I try to connect the submit button doesn't come up so I can connect