Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Do you have the New Details Page Layout or still with the Original? Thoughts?

CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 240Member

@UkiwiS said on May 10th:
There's a note at the bottom of the detail page showing that point values can change if they get new data from your utility...

@UkiwiS - how long have you had that "Details" page layout? I really like the visual energy history reporting and reward breakdown. Easy to understand.

Does anyone else have a nice looking "Details" page layout like @UkiwiS's? Or do people still have the original one?

Opinions about either one?

Comments

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 136Member

I'm still on the original. The new one looks like an improvement to me too.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@UkiwiS, can you still get the exact usage of each of the 10 forecast days by mousing over each of the grey bars (or better yet, the blue bar)? If not, I'd prefer the less graphic, but more exact, older representation.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,600Member, Moderator

@CKWM
    I've had this now for a few weeks. and I thought it had been rolled out to everyone but apparently not. Perhaps @Claudia can give us an update on when all users will get it.

@John K
    Yes....

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 240Member

I like it... good job OhmConnect with this one.

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 95Administrator

thanks guys! we had delayed roll out to the full community because there was a bug in the mobile forecast (it only showed four days). and now we are making final fixes to the rewards breakdown (making sure MEGA reflects correctly, streaks are correct, highlighting adjustments). we are hoping to launch to the full community this week.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 326Member

I do like the new page, especially when I discovered that someone does not know how to add and I could see this immediately (had I checked the math the first time). After trying to still make heads and tails of OC accounting, buddy points, status, etc, I decided to make my own spreadsheet. I seem to only be able to get this new layout for the last 10 entries but did download my history sheet to compare. First off, their spreadsheet has multiple entries for the same event which throws off any accounting--Ohm Hour ID numbers are listed in the second column and I find the same ID number listed 2 or sometimes 3 times. Second, points are awarded then put in as a negative especially buddy points. I would think that you don't need as many actions as they have on the sheet but maybe someone from OC accounting can chime in on this...But when I discovered that the new page format does not add right, what is the answer? Here are some examples, taken from the pages they posted on my account:

June 1
    Rewards Breakdown
    Last updated: June 16, 2018

OhmHour Points

Gold Status +50% Bonus
    50 Streak +245% Bonus
    Total Points

According to my math, 17+9+42=68 not 67. If they are rounding down, why put something in that can be checked? And note that this was the ohm hour of June 1. It was updated June 16 so this is two weeks that it could be corrected.

Here is May 25:
    Rewards Breakdown
    Last updated: June 16, 2018

OhmHour Points

Gold Status +50% Bonus
    48 Streak +235% Bonus
    Total Points

So 19+10+45=74 yet they say it is 73.

And here is May 22:

Rewards Breakdown
    Last updated: June 14, 2018

OhmHour Points

Gold Status +50% Bonus
    47 Streak +230% Bonus
    Buddy Bonus
    Total Points

Yet 13+7+30+45=95, not 94...

Last but certainly not least (at least in this format) is May 14

Rewards Breakdown
    Last updated: June 12, 2018

OhmHour Points

Gold Status +50% Bonus
    45 Streak +220% Bonus
    Total Points

19+10+42=71 not 70.

Note that not every event has errors. This is all I could bring up with the new format.

I am sending this to the Support line as well, but it makes me wonder how many other mistakes are there? So it is just one point. Multiply it by all the people affected!

edited June 2018
    @jserramc

The multiple entries in the spreadsheet is to correct various issues and bugs. If you use a filter you will see the most recent entry for the event ID is on the dashboard.....the other entries sum to zero, right

The issue with addition is not an issue, it is due to rounding.

We asked for more visibilty in the spreadsheet so they gave us more columns....and split the data so it was easier to analyze. The data in each column is rounded. For example June 1, half of 17 is 9.5 which rounds to 10. When you use the formula though you get the following..

June 1
    Base points =17
    Total points = 17 × (1.5 + 2.45) = 67.3.

June 12
    Total points = 19 x (1.5 + 3.70) = 70.3

You can do the rest but also note this "issue" probably only exists for instances where the base points is an odd number, right?

I thought about that but if 4 events (listed here) equaled a difference of 1/2 point (each) that would leave a difference of 2. The difference is 4. so they deducted a full point each time by rounding down.

PS --even the two examples above the math does not add up but it is in their favor. (UkiwiS and John K)

> @jserramc said:
    > I thought about that but if 4 events (listed here) equaled a difference of 1/2 point (each) that would leave a difference of 2. The difference is 4. so they deducted a full point each time by rounding down.

They didn't "Deduct" anything. For each one of those, and every event where your base points is odd, the entry in the spreadsheet has been rounded up...so it has been overstated. The base points are rounded too so what they report as 17 points....might actually be anything from 16.50 to 17.49
    > @jserramc said:
    > PS --even the two examples above the math does not add up but it is in their favor. (UkiwiS and John K)

If the data in the download was displayed to 1 decimal place, the same "issue" still exists. Only this time, it would be .1 points instead of 1 point.

Here's some light reading....

http://www.webassign.net/question_assets/unccolphysmechl1/measurements/manual.html

thanks, next time I have about a day to kill I'll try digesting this. I did get a response from OC, basically stating the rounding up and down. BTW here's a teaser for you: Today my results showed I saved 757%. Another big one was 213%, and one for 108&. My total percentage saved for the last 10 events, including 2 mega that I participated in (favorably) total, according to the OC info is 1590,28. divide by 10=159%. My total forecast during this time was 2.322. My use including 4 negative days was -0.155.
    Total of these 10 events(forecast-use/.4 for one event) is 2.36075, Divide by 10 events, average is 23%. Do you think this would now qualify me to once again regain my gold status? I recall seeing some of these high percentages by others especially solar, so hopefully this will help my status.

@anguye42 can someone at OC please look at the dashboard for @jserramc since appatently it's a bit messaed up.

and with this 757% reduction, my average went DOWN from 14 to 12%

• We will look into it for you @jserramc