Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Why do connected smart devices turn on at the end of ohmhour when they were previously off?

Max ChenMax Chen Posts: 1Member

Scenario 1 (this is OK):
On -> OhmHour starts, turn off -> OhmHour ends, turn on

Scenario 2 (this is NOT OK):
Off -> OhmHour starts, turn off -> OhmHour ends, turn on

So basically, if I'm not home and my connected device is off they will finish the OhmHour turned on? This seems very wasteful and makes me want to disconnect my device so I can manage it myself.

Comments

• dustin5499dustin5499 Posts: 1Member
    I agree I'm so tired of coming home from work to every light on in the house . Seems very counter productive to saving energy. About to kill this program that pays nothing anyways
  • coopercooper Posts: 1Member

Same problem here - we use a smart plug to turn off our dehumidifier during our utility provider's "peak hours" (during which we pay more for electricity) - but if there is an OhmHour that ends during these "peak hours", my dehumidifier is turned back on, and thus uses more expensive electricity.

• amitkshamitksh Posts: 1Member

Is there any solution to it? Ideally if the device was off it should not be turned on after OhmHour ends.

• kathry13kathry13 Posts: 1Member
    I agree- I came home to my AC on tonight with all of the windows open!
  • Anh, OhmConnectAnh, OhmConnect Posts: 243Member, Administrator, Moderator

Hey there! I have brought this up to my team during our meeting and this is being addressed to our engineers. I am creating a fix ticket for this bug to the engineering team. It is suppose to revert back to the previous state that the device was in before the OhmHour. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Hi all, this has been updated and fixed. Please let me know if this still persists for you.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,404Member, Moderator

@anguye42 Is this normal then?

@UkiwiS is this how your connection page looks like after the OhmHour is done?

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,404Member, Moderator
    @anguye42 that's how it looks right now and its been that way for days, spanning #OhmHours. Others have the same issue. I believe they react correctly when there's an event and I get tokens but otherwise this is how they look

@UkiwiS thanks for the details. I'll address it to the team.

• dslaidslai Posts: 18Member

Regarding the status "Unknown" issue, I had created a dedicated thread at https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/1802/status-of-tp-link-hs105-smart-plug-is-unknown asking about this. Can Ohmconnect please update the status of this issue there?