Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

MegaOhm Hour expects me to produce power after dark?

meaganalmeaganal Posts: 1Member

We are low energy users (we have solar, efficient appliances, etc.). But that means that we have absolutely no chance at any sort of Mega Ohm Hour - this upcoming one for us say that if we go to -.12 kwh, we'll get bonus points. Since the Ohm Hour is at 8pm, there's no possible way we can do that. I feel like there should be some other way to hit a Mega Hour if you are a super low energy user. It's so frustrating!

Comments

• ewildspanewildspan Posts: 1Member

Hey, yours is easier than mine. I have a mega bonus of -1.2kwh at 8 - 9 p.m.
    I guess if I had storage or maybe I can install a turbine in the sewer?

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member

You guys need to try the display option called "Recent Discussions".

• @John K we actually do. the recent discussions option is available on the right-hand side under your user information.

@anguye42, I was talking to the two original posters, not OC.

• acdcpc50acdcpc50 Posts: 1Member

I have solar and it seems we are at a disadvantage when the hours are after dark. Also the recent fires and resulting smoke reduced my production in half. Luckily it was not on a day that Ohm was looking at. There should be a way for Ohm to measure our usage, not our total output, because on cloudy days (or smokey ones) we don't have a chance to meet our goal. In those cases I have to opt out or suffer negative points even tho I have reduced my actual usage.

@acdcpc50 said:
    I have solar and it seems we are at a disadvantage when the hours are after dark.

Your concerns are very valid about under-production, but your conclusion is backwards. You are only able to control your own destiny after dark, or at least after your avg production is less than your avg actual consumption. Only then, can you turn off everything and be assured you'll beat your forecast regardless of sky conditions.

You should do a search for "solar" on the forum and read all the posts about setting your hours of participation (in SETTINGS) so that you don't get burned (figuratively) when the fires produce smoke or it gets cloudy.