Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How long does it take to get the money in PayPal?

I was wondering how long it takes from when you cash out till the money is in PayPal?

Best Answer

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,595Member, Moderator
    edited May 2018
    @Russell H

It shows up pretty quickly, it's not instant but not sure exactly how many hours it takes but it is within 24 hours. I'll be cashing out on 5/31 and will monitor it hourly to check and will post back here the results.
  • Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

It is typically within 1 business day of you initiating the payment from OhmConnect (so holidays and weekends make a difference)

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m confused. It has never taken more than two seconds for me. Now, transferring from PayPal to the bank can take a day.
  • Morris familyMorris family Posts: 6Member
    I cashed out over $400 last night and still nothing in my PayPal account. I've never had it take anywhere near this long. Waiting on ohmconnect to get back to me.
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@Morris family, cashouts of $200+ are done manually and often take an extra day or so. Recommend cashing out before reaching that threshold.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 312Member

plus if you share on facebook you get 50 pts each time so if you cash out as soon as you get the minimum of 1000 vs much higher amounts, you get more points...

• @Morris family Your large cashout triggered a manual review. Please give us a day or two to process it - it should hit your account soon. Going forward, we encourage you to cash out while you are under $200

• Sean McConnellSean McConnell Posts: 2Member

You should post the delay info about large payouts where the payout is. Also, thinking about those of us who are able to hold off...wouldn't it be better if those of us would leave the funds on the site longer as a form of investment in a way. Obviously, you'd need a stipulation that those funds would take longer to retrieve. Just thinking out loud here.

• Jeff MellingerJeff Mellinger Lake ElsinorePosts: 11Member

I agree Sean, they really should have information on larger payout delays, I had no idea. I also like the idea of cashing out every 1000 points if you share on Facebook each payout. My $675 payout would have yielded me another $35 or so, if my math is correct.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,595Member, Moderator
    FYI, I doubt the sharing to FB still works. They changed the rules, they being FB, for 3rd party apps publishing to personal pages.
  • cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 131Member

For what it's worth, I cashed out to Paypal last week and sharing to FB still works and I got my 50 points.