Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

If I call my utility company to see if you are legit etc. will they know anything about you?

My provider is SCE, and although knowing my sign in for their website and my utility info etc. isn't top CIA secret info, I would feel more comfortable about this program if SOMEONE there knew about your program. Can we call our utility company to ask if they know anything about you and if so, which dept. would be best, billing, money saving programs or what?

Answers

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 95Administrator

when you sign up, you visit the SCE website (OhmConnect links to it) and sign in on their site to approve sharing data with OhmConnect. OhmConnect does not see your SCE sign-in data. By virtue of the fact that OhmConnect is referenced on the SCE site, you'll see that the relationship exists.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member

@Claudia said:
    OhmConnect does not see your SCE sign-in data.

@Claudia, what do you mean by this? Our Utility login ID and password are listed right in our account settings.

@evagoblog, if you are lucky enough to get the same SCE agent as I reached at one point, she'll tell you that she is actually a member of OC, even though OC is technically a competitor to SCE's own internal Demand-Response program. Also, remember that CAISO, who operate the grid for the publicly owned utilities, chose OC to offer the program, dictates when OC should call for an OH, and pays OC for the reductions. Is there any particular thing that bothers you about the program?

• c1courtneyc1courtney El Dorado Hills, CAPosts: 35Member

@John K said:

@Claudia said:
    OhmConnect does not see your SCE sign-in data.

@Claudia, what do you mean by this? Our Utility login ID and password are listed right in our account settings.

As far as I can tell Claudia is correct. They don't have you Login ID, only your Account ID. And they don't have you password. The 'edit' for the Login which should say 'none' and 'password' simply gives you your PoCo's how to setup account/sign-in if you don't already have it, and how to give OC permission to access the data. Given that the data is 'Pushed' to OC instead of 'Pulled' by OC, they do not need your login credentials. They only need you're account #, and it setup on your PoCo's end for the PoCo to provide 'Push' the data for those accounts, which requires your permission.

I never provided my Login or Password to OC, nor to my understanding do they have or need it. The only time in the process of signing up that my PG&E credentials were used, was on an actual PG&E website, which was granting OC access.