Looking for a Buddy

Comments

• johnnyhsiao87johnnyhsiao87 Posts: 1Member

How do I add a buddy?

• SFPowerSaverSFPowerSaver SFPosts: 43Member
    edited August 2018

Looking for a buddy in SF. SoMa area.
    Shoot me a message: https://forum.ohmconnect.com/messages/add/SFPowerSaver

I save over 90% on every OH thanks to smart plugs and automation.

• aakellerman2015aakellerman2015 Posts: 4Member

Looking for a buddy in north Orange County (92832 zip code). Last 5 OHM hours 8/13 6-7, 8/14 6-7, 8/17 6-7, 8/20 6-8, 8/22 8-9. 97% savings average over the last 20 hours, 26 streak.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

Why do our moderators not merge all of these various "searching-for-a-buddy" threads?

• TonyCTonyC Posts: 8Member

@MandTWalling said:
    Looking for a buddy living in Pleasant Hill, California ZIP 94523. We currently have a 65 OH streak, and we're able to save 100% every OH. Email is [email protected] if interested.

Hi there. Still looking for a buddy? I have sent you the invitation if you are interested to team up. I have 24 streak and 9x% savings for each OH.

• LaVega MorrissetteLaVega Morrissette Victorville CA 92395Posts: 1Member
    Hi looking for a buddy! I am in the Victorville area. 92395 email [email protected]
  • SweetJess99SweetJess99 STOCKTON, CAPosts: 4Member
    Looking for a buddy in the 95203/Stockton area.

My last 5 hours were 8/6, 8/9, 8/16, 8/17, and 8/20, with another coming up tomorrow. Platinum, with a 23 hour streak.

Most of my home is automated, with more automation being added every month or so.

My best friend and I have had the same ohm hours almost since she joined (her first was a different day than mine) and we were told we lived too far away from each other. So now i’m Looking for an active buddy. ☺️
  • AubreemmAubreemm Lake Elsinore, CA. 92630Posts: 22Member
    I'm looking for a new buddy. My zip is 92530. I'm platinum level on a streak of 99. I never go above my forecasted usage. I have gotten way below my forecasted usage on all mega Ohms. My email is [email protected]
  • MandTWallingMandTWalling Martinez, CAPosts: 15Member

@TonyC said:

Hi there. Still looking for a buddy? I have sent you the invitation if you are interested to team up. I have 24 streak and 9x% savings for each OH.

I received your invite, but unfortunately the system wouldn't pair us unless we're in the same geographical area.

@joonyboy said:
    Hello! Looking for a buddy in San Jose region. Zip code - 95124

Hi Jonnyboy, are you still looking for a buddy? What would be your average savings % for OH? I think I am near your area in 95126 so we could pair up.

• Jaysonp05Jaysonp05 Posts: 1Member

I am in need of a buddy. My zip is 92117 and I have a streak of 42. Please let me know.

• mark-1mark-1 Posts: 4Member
    Looking for a buddy in SF 94112

My zip code is 95126 and I am looking for a buddy. I have a streak of 25 and save over 90% savings in each OH. I just found it too hard to find a buddy and wish the Ohmconnect team to pair up buddy like in the past again. Please send me invite at [email protected] if you are interested.

• dslaidslai Posts: 27Member

@TonyC said:
    My zip code is 95126 and I am looking for a buddy. I have a streak of 25 and save over 90% savings in each OH. I just found it too hard to find a buddy and wish the Ohmconnect team to pair up buddy like in the past again. Please send me invite at [email protected] if you are interested.

Hi, sent you a buddy invite. I'm in 95014 so I think we're close enough to pair up. Have a streak of 9 OhmHours so far with 55% average savings.

• mark-1mark-1 Posts: 4Member
    Looking for a buddy in SF 94112, still :). My longest streak is 42. I'm at 19 right now. [email protected]

Side note: please bring back the auto match. This is a pain!
  • joonyboyjoonyboy Posts: 5Member

@TonyC said:

@joonyboy said:
    Hello! Looking for a buddy in San Jose region. Zip code - 95124

Hi Jonnyboy, are you still looking for a buddy? What would be your average savings % for OH? I think I am near your area in 95126 so we could pair up.

Hey I am currently still looking for a buddy. My average savings have been around 50% with a 23 ohm streak as of today. Please send an invite for [email protected]! :)

• aakellerman2015aakellerman2015 Posts: 4Member

@mitchelsonfamily6 said:
    Update: I have a buddy!! Yeah!!

also looking for a buddy...in Fullerton CA 92833
    We are fairly new, been participating since beginning of June, will hit Platinum with two more OHM hrs....we participate in ALL OHM hours and are very serious about maintaining our streak! If interested in buddying up please send buddy invite, our email is [email protected]

Hi @mitchelsonfamily6 are you still looking for a buddy? I'm in Fullerton too, 92832, 28 streak, 97% average savings. I tried adding you as a buddy via email, not sure if you got anything from OHMConnect.

• Queso CatQueso Cat Posts: 6Member
    Wanted to let everyone on here know about how I found a local buddy - Join a team in your city/area! From the team page, you can see the recent ohm hours, who participated, how much saved (but unfortunately not the % saved). Pick some decent savers and ask to buddy up. I sent out about five requests before one joined me, but at least I know we’ve got the same ohm hours.
  • Clean Skies!Clean Skies! SonomaPosts: 30Member

Queso Cat, where do I go to find the "Team Page>" -- Many thanks!

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@Clean Skies!
    Is there not a link at the top of your dashboard?

If not try this:
    https://login.ohmconnect.com/team

@dslai said:

@TonyC said:

Hi, sent you a buddy invite. I'm in 95014 so I think we're close enough to pair up. Have a streak of 9 OhmHours so far with 55% average savings.

dslai, sorry I am not sure why we are disconnected as buddy. can you send me an invitation again to connect? Thanks.

• dslaidslai Posts: 27Member

@TonyC said:
    dslai, sorry I am not sure why we are disconnected as buddy. can you send me an invitation again to connect? Thanks.

Re-sent an invite. I'm not sure if the system disconnected us because we're located too far away from each other?

edited August 2018

Ukiwi S, thank you for the info. There were no categories for Buddy or Team on the top of my Dashboard. Now...where do I go to read and learn as much as I can about creating a Team and what the benefits are of doing that? It sounds like the advantages are that you get paid more, and what else? Having been a member for only 8 weeks, one of my suggestions is that OC organize and make it very clear to new members about how to learn everything about making the most of being a new member. I know that there is a Getting Started section--but I've noticed that I've had to ask the Help Desk so many things that should be in an organized online "Training Manual." I'll mention this to Scott and Anh. The other question I have is it possible to captain 2 or more teams where one is strictly for individual earners and the others could be for donations to individual charities and other organizations like schools, churches, animal shelters, etc?

Thanks so much for your help, Ukiwi S! I really appreciate it!
    Happy Ohming!
    Clean Skies!

@Clean Skies!

Teams is being revamped and repaired....there's some broken functionality. I don;t know the details or have a timeline. Unfortunately there is no financial benefit of joining a Team. If you want to join mine, search for EVSavers and join us.

Not sure about captaining 2 or more teams but @AKPsi Vince might be able to help as I think he's doing that right now.

edited August 2018

Thanks, UkiwiS...so it doesn't matter how far we are apart--we can still be in the same team. And what do you understand are the advantages of joining a team? Thanks for your thoughts and info.

Clean Skies!
    P.S. We are located in Sonoma, CA, but my post doesn't say that...(just added Sonoma to my settings), I see yours says San Diego. Lovely place, by the way, my nephew lives there and my intimate partner used to live there and loved it!

edited August 2018

@Clean Skies!

Yes, we both live in awesome places! ;)

At the moment there's not a lot of benefit to teams and the messaging doesn't even work. I like that we can see how individuals in the team are saving per OhmHour and can also see if we shared the same OhmHour. I have a little competition going on with @Bstring but unfortunately it's a lost cause as his forecast is high enough that it covers my higher streak. If you click on the "Team Totals" tile, which BTW is incorrect, it shows the savings for recent OhmHours...

edited September 2018

Thanks, Ukiwis! I see what you mean! By the way, I was wondering a few minutes ago, what the different Rolling Stats Symbols mean--when I hover over them there's no description. Thanks for your help tonight. This will be my last question for the evening!

And yes we do live in beautiful places! But I have to say, I miss the ocean terribly, having grown up in SoCal, learned to body surf in Redondo and Laguna Beaches, and miss the sun, sand and swimming!

Have a good night!
    Best to you,
    Clean Skies!

@Clean Skies!

Not 100% sure to be honest. I think they show respectively, the trend in reduction for the last OhmHours, the number of referrals and the number of connected devices...not sure over what period.

• Queso CatQueso Cat Posts: 6Member
    edited August 2018

@Clean Skies!
    I agree with UkiwiS that the team function doesn't seem to have much use other than seeing how other team members are doing. However, if you want a buddy to get paid more, the team search page lists teams by distance from you and you're more likely to find someone with the same ohm hours as you. The messaging system doesn't work, and I just realized that I didn't include previously how to invite a buddy from your team. Once you are able to cash out (1000+ points), if you click on "send others points," you will see email addresses for your teammates. You don't have to send anyone points; just copy the email of your potential buddy. Go to https://login.ohmconnect.com/buddy/ and send them an email. I've seen posts on this forum that people aren't always getting the buddy emails, so I picked several emails to see if at least one would respond (and she did!).

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

@Queso Cat That is the best information I've seen in the forums for how to find an email address for someone who is on a team in your area.
    Even Admin doesn't know this "trick" to contact team members.
    Kudos for this helpful hint! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

This discussion has been closed.