Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Tokens cut back for #OhmHour Notifications

No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member
edited June 2018 in Rocking Your #OhmHours

I recently had an email conversation with @[email protected] about why I got 20 tokens for "Tell us how you're saving", but wasn't getting the 20 tokens for "Click on #OhmHour notification".
His answer: "Hi there. Those are actually the same thing, so you get 20 tokens for for that. I've added 20 tokens to your account nonetheless, since that may be unclear, and we should maybe look into changing the wording a bit. Thanks!"
For a year, I've been getting 40 tokens (20+20) for every OhmHour notification and haven't seen it announced anywhere that OC has cut back and made them "the same thing".
I know, it's only 20 tokens, and it's a drop in the bucket when you're trying to save 10,000 tokens, but it's the principle.
And remember the 40 tokens for posting to Instagram? Those are gone, too. :|

Comments

• subliminsublimin Posts: 14Member

Noticed that too. I was getting 40 for notifications and saving styles, and 40 for instagram. And 2.00 to post on facebook at cash out. No more. :o

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 89Member

Hmm.. somethin ain't right with that statement @[email protected]
    I'm getting tokens for both, so @No Pain No Gain should be too.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 62Member

I noticed this as well. For me, they stopped giving the 20 tokens for clicking on the notification once that piece was transitioned to the new dashboard layout. So now I'm only getting 20 tokens for sharing how I'm saving, instead of the 20 for clicking and 20 for sharing I used to get (and what's shown in @Nlindsay's screenshot.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 238Member

I can confirm that this switch-over of earning 40 tokens (20 from clicking on the link and 20 from saying what you're doing) to only earning 20 tokens to saying what I'm doing during OhmHour happened today. When I clicked on the link it took me to the detailed page of my forecast. I think this is a tricky way for OhmConnect to not have to award another 20 tokens... whatever - they're the rule makers - we're just participants.

Choose to play the game that's adapting or quit - everyone has a choice.

• subliminsublimin Posts: 14Member

If my 33 streak breaks before i get the tokens i need for a shield, ill be done playing the game. so yeah, its a choice. Im at 7100 now...

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 324Member

What's this? I just posted a comment and it says "Your message will be posted after it is approved". Yet a few minutes ago I posted without incident in another topic...

I noticed this as well a few weeks ago and forgot to ask about it. Not sure I want to pursue this but like it was said above, no notice from OC about this change unless it was hidden in the background somewhere. But you could send hundreds of messages to your

I just realized I hit save draft instead of post comment...so here is my comment

send messages to your buddy. 5 tokens per message. somehow that got erased

Recently the 20 points you got for clicking on the OH and the 20 tokens you got for "tell us how your saving" changed (so that you now only get 20 tokens, not 40). I asked OC about it, could not say why it changed. Today I noticed that on July 1 when I clicked on the "tell us" and the "circuit breakers off" I got 500 tokens. So if that is one way to get tokens maybe check your options and click on the flip circuit breaker.

edited July 2018

@jserramc Yea, myself and my buddy received 3000 (6 * 500) and 3500 (7 * 500) tokens respectively for flipping the breakers. I'm assuming it's tied to using 0.0kWh (or an equivalent negligible amount) during an OhmHour.

I'm curious whether this is a temporary thing or a new reward they're trying out for those that flip their breakers. Maybe @anguye42 can shed some light on this? This is the first time I've seen it mentioned on the forum, and I don't think there's been an official announcement.

For those that are curious about this:

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 238Member

That's an incentive I can get behind!

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

Wow! I got ONE 500 token reward and felt lucky - @DarrenT No explanation why you got SIX? Congrats! That's awesome!

I'm not sure why six and my buddy got seven. My theory is that they applied the rewards retroactively for June OhmHours (I had six, all of which I had 0.0 usage). Not complaining though, bought that streak shield for safe keeping, now working my way back up for a baseline boost.

@DarrenT That's my strategy, too! I have a Streak Shield and activated a Baseline Boost last week. Now all I need is a regular OhmHour. The Boost doesn't get applied to a Mega, which is fine with me because of the lower points/kWh. I've had 5 Megas in a row and 7 of the last 9 have been Megas. Obviously Megas are good for OC. Thought there might be an OH on the weekend with the heat wave, but nothing yet.

If you think about it, it may not make sense to even try to save during a major heatwave like this. They probably figure everyone is going to be cranking the AC if they have it, so energy companies are planning on running the peaker plants regardless. I had one on Thursday, and I suspect I may get one or two towards the tail end as things cool down a bit.

• Clean Skies!Clean Skies! SonomaPosts: 30Member

Sounds like it's very lucrative to have a Buddy when I read the number of 500 token entries above for flipping off the circuit breakers. I haven't seen much info about the advantages of having a Buddy and also about having a team. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about both these things? Appreciate it in advance.

edited July 2018

@gene-dougherty Flipping your circuit breakers is something you can do on your own and earn 500 tokens. I don't believe that is linked to having a Buddy. I see where you got that idea, though. The member above was just commenting on what he and his Buddy got, not that it was related to having a Buddy. See Buddy FAQ for more information on Buddy Program.
    There are teams out there to join, or you can make one of your own, but, imho, they don't work very well. You can search for threads on teams and see what members are saying.
    The Buddy Program has done wonders for my points and tokens. I highly recommend getting a (good) Buddy and leaving the Team stuff for later.
    Flip your breakers next #OhmHour and you, too, will see 500 tokens added to your total! B)

• Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Posts: 45Member
    > @No Pain No Gain
    > Flip your breakers next #OhmHour and you, too, will see 500 tokens added to your total!
    We have been flipping off our breakers for the last 6 #OhmHours and, on the tell us how you are saving, we have hit the flipping off at curcuit breakers. I keep checking my token summary, there are not any tokens for flipping off breakers during an #OhmHour.
    Could it be because we have solar so we show negative consumption?
    Thoughts?..

I have solar and get the 500 tokens. Not each time but more than once. After you tell them how you are saving, go to the page that says use my tokens (below the "cash out" button). Click on it then the next page click on token history. It should show all the tokens (not points) you have received. and used.

@jserramc>; @jserramc said:

I have solar and get the 500 tokens. , go to the page that says use my tokens (below the "cash out" button). Click on it then the next page click on token history. It should show all the tokens (not points) you have received. and used.

I have checked everyday, no tokens for ipping breakers.

@Mary_Sean_Korkos Write to [email protected] When they started awarding 500 tokens, they awarded them retroactively, so put in your email which OhmHours you flipped your breakers for. Even if it's not 0.000, add it to the list. Some people had 0.01 and still got the 500 tokens. I'm not sure how far they go back, but of one Buddy pair, one said he got 6 retro awards and his Buddy got 7. That was a couple weeks ago. If OC says no, come back and we can find that thread.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,599Member, Moderator

Are you still getting 3000 tokens each time you flip the breaker?

@UkiwiS No, that was just a one-time thing. Like I said above, my theory is they applied that reward retroactively for OhmHours in June where I flipped the breakers.

I have been receiving the 500 token reward for each OhmHour (mega or otherwise) I flip my breakers though.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,599Member, Moderator

@DarrenT said:
    @UkiwiS No, that was just a one-time thing. Like I said above, my theory is they applied that reward retroactively for OhmHours in June where I flipped the breakers.

I have been receiving the 500 token reward for each OhmHour (mega or otherwise) I flip my breakers though.

Ah, got it...I didn't read all the subsequent updates in the thread.

> @No Pain No Gain said:
    > @Mary_Sean_Korkos Write to [email protected] When they started awarding 500 tokens, they awarded them retroactively, so put in your email which OhmHours you flipped your breakers for. Even if it's not 0.000, add it to the list. Some people had 0.01 and still got the 500 tokens. I'm not sure how far they go back, but of one Buddy pair, one said he got 6 retro awards and his Buddy got 7. That was a couple weeks ago. If OC says no, come back and we can find that thread.

I did go to [email protected] the response on July 23 was sending to engineers, thank you for patience. Then no other response. Though I have followed up 3 times since. My patience with Scott has worn thin.

And.... they're back! The tokens for clicking on an OhmHour notification have returned!
    So, click on the notification (20 tokens) and tell us how you're saving (20 tokens). Yay!