Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Afraid of the Dark during an #OhmHour?

No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 338Member

Someone in another thread mentioned "sitting in the dark" for an hour. @SD Chip posted an idea for shedding some light on the matter. The MalloMe LED Camping Lantern Flashlights 2 Pack is cool, but out of stock.

I have one of THESE flashlight/nightlight things that automatically come on when the power goes off. I have one at the top of the stairs because, even though it might be faster to get downstairs by tumbling down, I run the risk of hurting myself. :D
They're only $12.99 so I just ordered 3 more (Got a 3-pack for $30). I ordered one about a year ago just to try it out. It's worked perfectly, so I can recommend it. The nightlight isn't too dim and the flashlight, when you need it most, is LED bright and lights up the entire room. If you remove it from the holder, it comes on automatically, which is super convenient.

Do you sit in the dark, or chase away the shadows during an OhmHour?

Comments

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 142Member

Once in a while I take a nap during the ohm hour....easy way to not worry about using electricity.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 338Member

@jserramc I'm tempted to take a nap sometimes, too, but afraid I won't wake up and turn the breakers on! :D

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 142Member

Wind up or battery alarm clock or your watch or phone might help. I forgot to turn the fridge back on for 6 hours but it stayed cold enough. Not s!omething I want to try on a regular basis