Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Nest learning thermostats

The last few ohmhours I've noticed the Nest isn't shutting off instead its cranking itself up to 87(!!) and then its letting the fan schedule run as it always has (it's set to run every 15 min/hour). While this isn't a huge deal if I'm home, it's a big deal when we are away. Its not a deal breaker, but I wondered if there's a solution to this issue. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 210Member
    @Xdatinelia, I'm curious to know this is still an issue for you, because I recently got a Nest and wanted to see what you might have done to resolve it.

@samklee or anyone else with a Nest, what is the reset process like for your Nest after you've shut off the breakers to your entire house?
  • XdatineliaXdatinelia Posts: 43Member

Nest sets to ECO, which in my case is 87. The fan has a schedule that isn't over written during ohm hours (on every 15 min per hour for us) if I rember I turn off, otherwise it makes about a .05kw/h difference in my results.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 210Member

@Xdatinelia, have you ever turned off your breakers which shut down your Nest? I'd like to see if you or someone you know or anyone else has had experience with flipping breakers and its affect on a Nest before I try it.