Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Adding a Buddy (UPDATE: 7/26/18)

Anh, OhmConnectAnh, OhmConnect Posts: 255Member, Administrator, Moderator
edited July 26 in Announcements

Hello everyone! I have an announcement to make. We recently removed the "Give me a buddy" button as we no longer assign random buddies.
You can still, however, invite a buddy with the "Invite a buddy" button. This must be a user who is not already enrolled with OhmConnect. Help spread the word about saving energy to new folks!

If you'd like to be paired with a Buddy you know who is already an OhmConnect user, (update) please find out what their email address is, go to the buddy page, enter in their email address and click "invite a buddy."

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Comments

• prettysickprettysick Posts: 3Member
    I need a buddy. Can u pair me with one.
  • frankhacfrankhac Sunnyvale, CAPosts: 49Member

@Anh, OhmConnect . Are you assuming that we already know the person we want as a buddy and that we know their email address and what area they live in?

If we don't already know the person we only know that person's username not email address. Can we not just provide you with the person's username. I had thought that to get OhmHours at the same time, users have to be in the same location. If we don't know the user, how would we know they are in the same location

• Anh, OhmConnectAnh, OhmConnect Posts: 255Member, Administrator, Moderator

@prettysick do you know the user's email address or display name? i can add the person for you if you know their information. i won't be able to randomly find you one.

@frankhac that's why you would need to ask the user if they are same area as you to become a buddy. you can post a discussion on the forum and message any users who respond to discuss any possible partnership. i know it is harder this way but we are currently working on fixing buddy, unfortunately, as part of the fixing transition, we had to remove that auto-assign feature. we will update all users when buddy is updated with any features.

@Anh, OhmConnect . Do you have guidelines on how close buddies have to be to get the same OH. In general, does living closer to each other mean you're likely to get the same OH. As an example, assuming both people have the same availability set in their setting, would two people living in the same zip code get the same OH 50% of the time or more.

@frankhac good question! i suggest that you look for users who are in your city; your OhmHours might not occur on the same hour but just as long as it is on the same day!

• tmwollmtmwollm Laguna Beach, CAPosts: 1Member

Can you please pair me with a buddy?

@tmwollm we can't find you a buddy but if you have your buddy's info like their email or display name, you can private message me that information.

@Anh, OhmConnect . Just to confirm, are you saying that we would get the buddy points and tokens if we have the same OhmHour on the same day and that it doesn't have to be during the same hour.

Other then multi hour OhmHour like from 7:00 - 9:00 pm, do you actually have more then one OhmHour in a day such as 4:00 - 5:00 pm and then 8:00 - 9:00 pm

• KingdomkidsKingdomkids Posts: 18Member
    If you would implement a fix on the team page it would enable us to find and confirm the location for a buddy. It seems since the inception of the new home page several functions have been disabled......Team, Facebook bonus, buddy and now a glitch with Pay-Pal. What's next?
    edited July 29

@frankhac that is correct. Hours always varies but we just need the data from the same day. Also, you can't get more than one OhmHour per day.

@Kingdomkids the team and buddy features were definitely on their beta phase and hasn't been perfected. we are a small company so sometimes, things won't work properly but we do pay attention to the voice of our users and doing our best to improve our program as quickly as possible.

• acwillysacwillys IrvinePosts: 3Member

I've posted on the the Single and Looking page but I am still having trouble locating a Buddy in 92603 Irvine. I belong to a Team that is in my local area. I can see other active users on my team that I share common Ohm hours with. My problem is I am unable to send them a message to request a buddy. For whatever reason when I go to send a message to their username, the message won't send. I did find this exact topic in another post but the discussion was closed: "Ability to message team members". Any advise for sending a Team member a message in the hopes of finding a buddy?

• EnergySavings2EnergySavings2 Posts: 7Member

I don't have a buddy page when I'm on the app or mobile browser. Any suggestions for me?

• ndparkndpark Garden Grove, CAPosts: 3Member

@acwillys said:
    I've posted on the the Single and Looking page but I am still having trouble locating a Buddy in 92603 Irvine. I belong to a Team that is in my local area. I can see other active users on my team that I share common Ohm hours with. My problem is I am unable to send them a message to request a buddy. For whatever reason when I go to send a message to their username, the message won't send. I did find this exact topic in another post but the discussion was closed: "Ability to message team members". Any advise for sending a Team member a message in the hopes of finding a buddy?

this was also my same issue. Can someone please fix it?

• MinEarlMinEarl Posts: 14Member
    I am in San Diego and a friend in Escondido wants to buddy up. Are we too far apart? Thanks!

@acwillys that is true. i'm going to talk to my team about this feature or if there is any way for you to contact your team members.

@Anh, OhmConnect said:
    @acwillys that is true. i'm going to talk to my team about this feature or if there is any way for you to contact your team members.

The question I posted previously was in regards to this problem. If you would fix the team page we could easily access or find a buddy in our area.
    The team page feature has been down since the inception of the new formatted home screen.

• ausman-gmail-comausman-gmail-com San FranciscoPosts: 6Member

@prettysick said:
    I need a buddy. Can u pair me with one.

I will be your buddy. My email is [email protected]

• SmartMeterHouseSmartMeterHouse Westminster CAPosts: 12Member

I'm also In Search Of Buddy, my location is Westminster CA and you can message me your location via https://forum.ohmconnect.com/messages/add/SmartMeterHouse

Pro Tip: those requesting a buddy can state their Location, or set it so it's seen automatically via https://forum.ohmconnect.com/profile/edit

Ausman. I sent u an invite. Did u receive it?
    Vallejo CA Anyone?
  • ausman-gmail-comausman-gmail-com San FranciscoPosts: 6Member

I am in SF prettysick, so I can't invite you. :( my email is [email protected] and my zip is 94131 if anyone wants a buddy in SF.

• ag28ag28 Posts: 4Member

Does this update to the buddy system affect our current buddies? My buddy points have not been calculated since mid-July.

• SmartMeterHouseSmartMeterHouse Westminster CAPosts: 12Member
    edited August 7

@Anh, OhmConnect said:
    i can add the person for you if you know their information.

@Anh, OhmConnect when I try to message you it says "You must select at least one recipient." even though I clicked on your username and it presented me with a "Message" button which I click and which it autopopulates the recipient field with your username etc. Hmmm....

FWIW https://login.ohmconnect.com/help then click "Contact Support" oughta work tho.

(not to take away from how much I enjoy using OhmConnect, but lots of the website functionality doesn't seem to do what it's intended to do. More examples would be just about everything one might click from https://login.ohmconnect.com/team)

• stretchy4ustretchy4u Posts: 2Member

I live in Red Bluff,CA 96080 and i need a buddy. My e-mail is [email protected]

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 554Member

@SmartMeterHouse said:
    @Anh, OhmConnect when I try to message you it says "You must select at least one recipient." even though I clicked on your username and it presented me with a "Message" button which I click and which it autopopulates the recipient field with your username etc. Hmmm....

I tried to include her on a conversation and ran into the same thing. I assumed at that point that she had left the company, but she has posted since then. Just one more broken item . . .

@John K nope, I'm still here with OhmConnect.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,421Member, Moderator
    @Anh, OhmConnect

With half of the forum posts these days being about finding buddies, has there been any thought to going back to automatically assigning them for people?

@UkiwiS said:
    @Anh, OhmConnect

With half of the forum posts these days being about finding buddies, has there been any thought to going back to automatically assigning them for people?

Or fix the team page, just a thought.

@UkiwiS buddy was in it's beta so it wasn't really worked out well enough. right now, we are currently working on fixing it, that's why auto-assigning buddy has been hold off until we improve and finalize what we really intended or envision what buddy will look like.