Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

New #OhmHour Planner

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 2018 in Announcements

Hello everyone! We just launched a new planner to help users understand how much energy their appliances can use so users can have a better plan on how to beat their forecast and overall, be more empowered with knowledge!

To get to the #OhmHour planner, visit the planner page. You'll see the planner like this:

Here, you can add appliances and electrical devices that you have in your home to get an approximate idea of about how much power these items will use in a given hour. Then, compare this to your Forecast at the top to plan out your #OhmHour. If you plan it right, you may even be able watch some TV during your #OhmHour!

Once you've done your planning, click "Count me in!". We'll award you 100 tokens if you do!

A couple of notes to remember:
-These are estimates, and not a guarantee that you'll beat your forecast.
-Appliances listed in the #OhmHour planner show average energy use. Exact energy use will vary for different makes and models that you might have in your home.
-We’ll show the forecast for your most recent upcoming #OhmHour, so you can plan for your home specifically
-Be sure to check appliances that have standby lights — they draw power even when the device is off!

I hope this gives you a better energy conscious perspective to help you understand how much energy your house can use even when it there isn't a OhmHour.

Have feedback? Let us know!

Comments

• AduragkarAduragkar Posts: 1Member
    Really good addition to ohmconnect portal.
    I was looking for something like this to check my usage during ohm hours and mega ohm hours.
    I want to save as much energy as I can without feeling excessive heat of summer (when we turn off all devices including a.c. and fan)
  • @duragkar-anurag awesome to hear! :smile:

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,010Moderator
    @Aduragkar get a HAN (home area network) device like a Rainforest Eagle ($100 on Amazon). It gives you real time energy usage information, which will confirm if you’ve turned off enough stuff to beat your forecast. You may even come to find out that you have enough energy to spare to keep your TV on during an OH, so you can still watch The Big Bang Theory AND beat your forecast!