Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Can I unplug my router?

If I currently don't have any smart plugs (will add them soon) is it okay to shut off all breakers and unplug everything, or would there by any reason to keep the router plugged in still? I typically shut off all of the breakers and leave the one on for the router. I have a Mega OH coming up that is projecting lower usage than I've been averaging. Wanting to get to 0 usage but want to also ensure that I only need to leave the router on if I have smart plugs.

Best Answer

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,523Member, Moderator
    Accepted Answer

@eyebrowsfurdayz said:
    If I currently don't have any smart plugs (will add them soon) is it okay to shut off all breakers and unplug everything, or would there by any reason to keep the router plugged in still? I typically shut off all of the breakers and leave the one on for the router. I have a Mega OH coming up that is projecting lower usage than I've been averaging. Wanting to get to 0 usage but want to also ensure that I only need to leave the router on if I have smart plugs.

Yes, you can flip the breaker and you'll need to to get to Zero. If you flip your breaker the smart plugs will be off anyway so no need to have the router. Also, thinking ahead, if the smart plugs are powered off you'll still receive tokens. :)

Answers

• eyebrowsfurdayzeyebrowsfurdayz Posts: 2Member

@UkiwiS said:

@eyebrowsfurdayz said:

Yes, you can flip the breaker and you'll need to to get to Zero. If you flip your breaker the smart plugs will be off anyway so no need to have the router. Also, thinking ahead, if the smart plugs are powered off you'll still receive tokens. :)

Thank you so much! Appreciate the quick reply. Thanks for the tip as well! :smiley: