Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Turning off Solar during mega hours

khmcgkhmcg Posts: 1Member

I don't want to turn off my solar during Mega hours in the early evenings as I am still producing energy. I feel like I am already using clean energy and am getting a break on my bill with NEM charges. What do other solar users do? Should I turn it off?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,493Member, Moderator

@khmcg said:
    I don't want to turn off my solar during Mega hours in the early evenings as I am still producing energy. I feel like I am already using clean energy and am getting a break on my bill with NEM charges. What do other solar users do? Should I turn it off?

So leave it on. If it's like mine it has a separate breaker anyway. Can't you flip the other breakers and leave the Solar breaker on so you are still feeding back to the grid? Or, if your target is zero, just use less than you'll generate in that period and you'll still make your goal.

• c1courtneyc1courtney El Dorado Hills, CAPosts: 35Member

Yeah, definitely leave it on, there's no reason to turn it off. I've been hitting my MEGA's specifically because I have Solar feeding back to the system getting me below the 0kWh requirement. Been getting MEGA's from 7-8pm the last 3 weeks. I've been a net producer of about 0.6kWh during most of my 7-8pm OhmHours during the summer. Was only 0.22kWh net produce on Wed nights one because of all the smoke in the air.