Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Pg&e updates

Has PG&E stopped updating? I haven't had results this week at all.

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,576Member, Moderator
  • XdatineliaXdatinelia Posts: 45Member
    Not at all, we've never lost status, just no updates this week from the ohm hour Monday or post that (because the mega tonight was 2 days of estimates))

@Xdatinelia said:
    Not at all, we've never lost status, just no updates this week from the ohm hour Monday or post that (because the mega tonight was 2 days of estimates))

When you logon to your account at PG&E are they reporting what looks like your actual usage or just estimated numbers?

Pge shows actual data, ohmconnect hasn't updated since Sunday to the best of my knowledge. It's like ohmconnect isn't getting the data from pge anymore.

• lsrhein26lsrhein26 Posts: 3Member

Ohm connect hasn'T updated my points this week either, also PG & E. I have not yet checked my PG & E account.

@Xdatinelia and @lsrhein26
    Have either of you contacted [email protected] ?

I can send an email, knowing it's not just me it maybe a regional issue. They used to have a neat tracker on the help page that basically was telling you be patient, but they stopped updating that on 7-23.

@Xdatinelia said:
    I can send an email, knowing it's not just me it maybe a regional issue. They used to have a neat tracker on the help page that basically was telling you be patient, but they stopped updating that on 7-23.

Yes, they might not know there's an issue but if a bunch of people raise it with them they will. Maybe they'll add it back into the "known issues" area.

• Stacy RobinsonStacy Robinson Posts: 5Member
    I was wondering about that too.. the last thing on the widget I can see is 40% of user data recieved on 7/27. No days shown after that. And that's the day I signed up so I'm really confused how this stuff usually goes.
    From what I've seen looking around FAQ and stuff doesn't help me either. I notice that my forcast was 3.848 kwh yesterday but today it says 3.7something. I checked and it says it may change slightly after they receive additional data, so they got my data right? But as far as I can see they haven't gotten any data since I signed up. PgE had my data on their site too. I am silver so I know I'm connected correctly.. of course I have sent a chat help message but I dont know how quickly they usually reply.

@Stacy Robinson

Unless the OhmHour occurs on a Monday the forecast you received will NEVER be exactly correct. It is calculated from the 10 days of data they have received. Your ACTUAL forecast you are measured against includes the day you receive the notification and the oldest one drops from the calculation. At the time you receive your forecast that most recent day of data for that hour isn't known by anyone...it might not have even happened yet, right? See if this helps explain it:
    https://faq.ohmconnect.com/participating-in-ohmhours/what-is-my-forecast-and-how-do-you-calculate-it

If some of the bars in the forecast are missing it should be pretty obvious...

I understand why the forcast may change slightly, it was explained pretty well in the FAQ. But that's why I am more confused. They updated my forcast because of new data, but the utilities data widget does not show them having recieved any data at all since 7/27.

So how can they have not received data, but they have recieved data to be able to update the forcast?
    This is what I see. The last hour was 7/31. And between 8/2 and today 8/3 my forecast was updated slightly lower due to the factors you mentioned.. so how does that work if they dont have data?

@Stacy Robinson said:
    This is what I see. The last hour was 7/31. And between 8/2 and today 8/3 my forecast was updated slightly lower due to the factors you mentioned.. so how does that work if they dont have data?

OC use the utility data. No utility data no points. When the data comes through you get the points.

Pg&e has the data, OC doesnt. The un-updated ohmhour is from Monday. They don't have Thursday or Friday from last week updated. The email referred me to the un-updated widget
    > @UkiwiS said:
    > @Xdatinelia said:
    > I can send an email, knowing it's not just me it maybe a regional issue. They used to have a neat tracker on the help page that basically was telling you be patient, but they stopped updating that on 7-23.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, they might not know there's an issue but if a bunch of people raise it with them they will. Maybe they'll add it back into the "known issues" area.

@Anh, OhmConnect

Can you help here?
    There seems to be a LOT of confusion with regard to PGE and whether or not there are data issues. It seems like there is and it sounds like PGE has the data but perhaps OC doesn't. If there is an issue, can you add something into the "known issues" area?

I shot them an email that they responded to and referred me back to the widigit that hasn't been updated in a while. Sorry for the poor wording earlier..
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member

Hmmm yeah, OC usual updates my PG&E data within a couple days... I saw this post earlier in the week and wanted to give it some time to see if my OH from Tuesday would be showing yet... still nothing.

I'm concerned now whether my MEGA on Thursday will be calculated in time for this week's drawing. I think it's better to think it won't make it this week, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised if it gets updated for next week.

As of today, there are only 2 known issues... and this delay in reporting doesn't seem to be one of them.

Correct no know issues, maybe it's only effecting a few people or one geographic area? I'm 95937, could it be a NorCal thing?
  • walterjowalterjo Posts: 1Member
    I still haven't received updates from the last two ohm hours. I'm in SF Bay Area.

I sent an email to OhmConnect 19 hrs ago, as I still have no updates from this week either. My PG & E account has updated usage but ohmconnect doesn't reflect it. Friends of mine have same issue. This does not contribute to building a sense of reliability and trust in ohmconnect. It could foreseeably cut quite a number of ohmconnect users out of this week's drawing and ultimately reduce motivation to participate going forward. Info would be helpful. I'm very puzzled.

95928 area affected

I'm in central California, Fresno County. I just got my points so they must have received from PGE, but still odd that the Data widget is no different for me. Last update was 40% of data on 7/27.
    They have updated the known issues section. No ETA on when it's going to be completed.
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member

Yup, I see it now too... kudos to OhmConnect.

Thank you OC for getting all caught up and working with PG&E.