Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

OhmConnect isn't processing utility usage data, now I've been downgraded to Bronze status

rmd234rmd234 Posts: 8Member

I've emailed OhmConnect about half a dozen times over almost 3 weeks now. Every time I
get the same form response about referring my problem to engineers.
OhmConnect stopped getting my usage data from PG&E back in late June. I contacted PG&E and they said I needed to reauthorize data-sharing. So I did. After a couple days, the PG&E site showed that my authorization was processed.
I checked and the connection showed up on the OhmConnect site. But still there was no new usage data on my account going back to 6/22.
Then I lost my Platinum status. And all the points I should've gotten during MegaOhmHours this summer.
Today I logged in to find that according to OhmConnect, my account still isn't connected to PG&E.

What gives? Why can't OhmConnect fix this? Or do me the courtesy of sending a personal response to my emails.
I probably have over $100 in points waiting for me. I've invested almost $300 in SmartPlugs to save money. But now OhmConnect is cheating me out of the points we earned by dutifully cutting our circuit breaker during every MegaOhmHour this summer.
I recommended OhmHour to all my friends over the past 2 years. Even gifted SmartPlugs to my family members. I'm about to tell them not to bother. It's a poorly run program with bug-ridden technology at best. At worst, it's a scam. No one's minding the store and there's nothing to gain from it. And you'll probably ignore and delete this post, just like you ignored and deleted my emails and voicemails.

Best Answer

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,576Member, Moderator
    edited August 2018
    @Anh, OhmConnect is this something you can help with? There's a lot of truths here and the buggy software is a very valid concern. UNtil it's resolved OhmConnect will struggle to get mainstream acceptance.

I believe @Bstring had a similar issue with SDG&E.
  • mkonakovmkonakov Posts: 3Member

Is there similar issue with SCE? My usage data since 07/24 shows TBD. Nothing mentioned on Current Known Issues page, but SCE data status shows that 0% of users have data since 07/22.

• @mkonakov we can look into that for you; please contact support so we can evaluate your profile.

• rmd234rmd234 Posts: 8Member

I've contacted support -- several times! And I spent an hour on the phone with PG&E. They say everything's working fine on their end.
    I've really appreciated and enjoyed reducing my energy use for OhmHour. I've invested a lot of time and energy (personal, not electrical) in this over the past year. But when things break and I don't get a response, it's hard to feel trust in what's otherwise a great program.
    I downloaded my usage data from PG&E. If I email it to someone at Ohm, can you update my account? Thanks.

• @rmd234 we can't take the data from users; we have to receive from the utility company ourselves. the only time we can take the data is when the utility company gave us the wrong information.

• rmd234rmd234 Posts: 8Member

Please tell me why OhmConnect is not receiving my usage data, and why my connection to PG&E is still "Pending" after reconnecting my account 2 weeks ago. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.