Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Confused about Mega

Hey, I just got my results for last week's Mega Ohm hour. I shut off my breakers but still didn't make the goal. How can that be? Its twice now that that's happened.

Answers

• ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 95Administrator

how much energy does it say you used? the mega goal has a floor of 0 kwh.

• logansama1logansama1 Posts: 11Member

I need to go back and look, because I cut the breakers but didn't make the Mega goal because I used energy.

• logansama1logansama1 Posts: 11Member

It showed that I used .067 and I didn't beat the Mega goal for that week. But I'd flipped the breakers.

• ldub53ldub53 Posts: 3Member

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. Although breakers are all off there is usage being indicated. I just got off the phone with PG&E and they advised that there is still energy going to my meter so that it can be directed to my home areas and appliances when back on. They say there is a minimum usage built in so a small amount of energy will always be indicated as used whether or not breakers are on. Hummmm Anyone else get this answer from your energy company? I am at the point where I am going to stop qualifying for the Mega hours because my goals are being set at or just below the unavoidable usage.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member

@ldub53 said:
    Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. Although breakers are all off there is usage being indicated. I just got off the phone with PG&E and they advised that there is still energy going to my meter so that it can be directed to my home areas and appliances when back on. They say there is a minimum usage built in so a small amount of energy will always be indicated as used whether or not breakers are on. Hummmm Anyone else get this answer from your energy company? I am at the point where I am going to stop qualifying for the Mega hours because my goals are being set at or just below the unavoidable usage.

See my post in this thread.