Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Usage with solar

hunterd1hunterd1 Posts: 2Member
So let me first just say I’m kinda new to this OhmConnect thing and still not sure I understand it. That being said. I have solar and so I’m wondering how do they calculate my usage. We just had a mega hour yesterday. I was extremely confident that I would easily achieve it and get the 500 points. I checked my solar app and it all looked great! A few minutes ago I got the results and I was considerably over the mega goal.

So how do they figure out my usage if I have solar? Thank you so much for your help!!

Comments

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 554Member

@hunterd1, OC does not figure out your usage -- your utility provides your actual net usage.

• c1courtneyc1courtney El Dorado Hills, CAPosts: 35Member
    edited August 23

I just saw this, I haven't been on in a couple weeks. That said, sometimes the power company will provide an 'Estimated Usage' during an hour that they don't have actual data - such as the zigbee communication never got the data out. I had this happen to me, where I actually sent ~0.5kWh to the grid, but they estimated that I consumed 6.6kWh. Data from my Solar Edge Inverter and my WattNode consumption meter shows I didn't consume that much. I sent an e-mail to [email protected] They wanted me to wait for a couple more weeks to see if my PoCo (PG&E) corrects it. We're at a month in on Aug 17th (OhmEvent was on June 17th.) I sent another a follow-up on Monday and haven't heard back yet, but my understanding is they're take care of it.

I expect it to be resolved, as others have indicated that they will resolve it eventually.

Go online to your PoCo website, and you should be able to get the hourly data for that OhmHour.