Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Forcast Changes

hunterd1hunterd1 Posts: 2Member
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I don’t understand. My forecast for my last Ohm Hour changes 3 times. I kind of understand the explanation on the website but to change a third time just a few hours before the results are posted seems a bit strange. Plus my SDGE is pretty quick about turning around meter data so why have to change a forecast 3 times?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,525Member, Moderator
    edited August 2018

@hunterd1 said:
    I don’t understand. My forecast for my last Ohm Hour changes 3 times. I kind of understand the explanation on the website but to change a third time just a few hours before the results are posted seems a bit strange. Plus my SDGE is pretty quick about turning around meter data so why have to change a forecast 3 times?

The forecast cannot be relied upon until all data is available, which in most cases is when the final results are tallied since the data from the day prior is needed. Typically, if the event is on a Monday or a Saturday it's accurate at the time you are notified since the data for the most recent day that's included is a day last week and that's been known for a while already.

I'm with SDG&E as well and usually my usage from the prior day is available mid morning. Sometimes, there is "missing data" showing and it's usually updated later in the day for instance, right now I see this on my "Energy Overview" page

You can always check it yourself. See page 151

http://www.caiso.com/Documents/DemandResponseUserGuide.pdf

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,525Member, Moderator

It's 8 am and I just checked my SDGE data for Sat.....you can see that there is data missing and it's only for the 12am hour. That often happens for my account but I don't know if this is typical or not. Later today that gets populated as well

I'm not sure how often OC get the utility data but changes like this could impact the forecast for an OhmHour. I have not seen the forecast change AFTER the #OhmHour has been scored.