Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Haven't received an Ohmhour in a week and a half, any suggestions?

I went from consistently 3-4 Ohmhours per week to once a week if I'm lucky with no change in my settings. Any one else experiencing this drastic change in frequency?

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,577Member, Moderator

@michael estes

We all want more of them when we earn $$$ but it comes down to a lot of things, including the competition OhmConnect faces from other players in the market. If the weather is a bit cooler or CAISO needs to purchase less capacity the competition for it is a bit more intense and perhaps OhmConnect's bid price was too high, meaning they didn't get dispatched.

I just made that all up but it sounds pretty reasonable, even if I say so myself.

BTW, this is my experience since Feb 2017 and it shows the frequency that I've had OhmHours and the times. As of right now my availability is 6pm to 5am.

• Zephyr2015Zephyr2015 Posts: 4Member
    Damn, 3-4 a week? I only get 1 per week max and 2 per month most of the time. That's in TX where we just had a record summer!
    edited September 2018
    @Zephyr2015

13 in August. that's a tad more than 3 per week.

BTW, doubles are entered as 2 separately. For instance 7-9 is entered as one for 7pm and another for 8 pm.
  • I am new. Only had one and they didn't post my useage. What do i do? Tia
  • Clean Skies!Clean Skies! SonomaPosts: 30Member

We didn't receive any notification of OhmHours last week at all. From Sep 3 - 7. It seems so strange to be getting anywhere from a total of 3 - 4 hours per week to nothing.I understand that the grid may not need us. However, how do you reconcile signing up referrals if there is some doubt as to when they might begin participating in Ohm Hours and getting paid? We'd like to hear your feedback and thoughts on this. UkiwiS, it was very useful to see your record of Ohm Hours--at least last year the Hours seemed to be very consistent throughout the year. Until we didn't receive any notifications this last week, we were assuming a certain amount of earnings per month--generalized, of course. Do you think that assumption is reasonable given there were none last week? Thanks for your feedback.
    Clean Skies!

• dthatcher7dthatcher7 Posts: 27Member

Yeah, I haven't gotten as many. But keep in mind that we've (at least I've) gotten an increased amount over the summer with the hot weather. I started OC back last Nov and even during colder winter months I still got a 2-3 per month.

I've been tracking all manner of details for my OhmHours since Feb 2017.
    On 2 occasions I've had #OhmHours separated by 14 days, once by 11 days and another 3 times by 10 days. Also, September 2017 was a slow month with a total of 4 so this slowdown is probably seasonal.

• ptylr6ptylr6 Posts: 1Member

Is there an actual customer service where we can get answers to our question? I have read here that others haven't received any notifications for a week or so...as to OHM hours. I haven't received any either. My hours from the 28th to the 31st of August haven't posted yet. Still says TBD. Anyone having similar issues?

@ptylr6 said:
    Is there an actual customer service where we can get answers to our question? I have read here that others haven't received any notifications for a week or so...as to OHM hours. I haven't received any either. My hours from the 28th to the 31st of August haven't posted yet. Still says TBD. Anyone having similar issues?

ptylr6, Yes, the Customer Service Help Desk can be reached via your Dashboard--up above where it says "Help", click that and then just as you got into this Forum--next to the "Forum Box" is "Support"--"Support" is OhmConnect's Help Desk. Click the "Support Box."

edited September 2018

I wrote to Scott at the Help Desk last week about this same issue: We had not received any #OhmHour notifications all week last week, which was very unusual for us--usually we get 2-4 #OhmHours per week. (I guess in our area, which is Sonoma, CA, we get many of these #OhmHours during the heat of the summer, this is just a guess. Since we joined on June 22nd, we had a minimum of 2 hours per week to as many as 4 per week, with Mega #OhmHours once per week included in those numbers. So, we were surprised to hear Scott's reply.) But we are new to this, not having been through any other "season" than Summer. We are in Week 11 of our participation and have a Streak of 20. And, by the way, we just got a notification this afternoon that we have an #OhmHour tomorrow, Tuesday, 7 -8 PM. We are relieved! We love our #OhmHours--for the extra income and for the relaxation during that #OhmHour that we've gotten used to! :-)

Here's Scott's reply:

Reply from Scott
    "Hi there. While we try to offer as many #OhmHours as we can, most users will not receive an #OhmHour every week. Most users can expect an #OhmHour every 1 or 2 weeks. Also, with summer winding down, #OhmHours will start to decrease in number as the weather cools down."

edited September 2018

@Clean Skies! said:

Thank you very much! UkiwiS. Also, we're going to record our #OhmHours in the same calendar format that you did--very easy and useful to see at a glance! Thanks for showing us yours.

edited September 2018

@Michael Estes said:
    I went from consistently 3-4 Ohmhours per week to once a week if I'm lucky with no change in my settings. Any one else experiencing this drastic change in frequency?

Hi, Michael! Yes, something similar has happened to us. We are located in Sonoma, CA -- where we've had tremendous heat waves (and fires near us) this summer. For the last many weeks we've had the same number of #OhmHours as you have--then last week, none! I wonder if our location makes the difference? Where are you located, Michael? We did just get notified that we have an #OhmHour tomorrow, Tuesday, 9-11.

• gnivens414gnivens414 Posts: 3Member
    Yes i no we whent from 3 to 4 oma to none or 1 a week if were lucky i dont no what happend to our omas hope they come soon
  • gnivens414gnivens414 Posts: 3Member
    Last week one oma week before none
  • sdaec2gmsdaec2gm Posts: 25Member

No Ohmhour now for over 2 months :(